Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 235

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:15 PM
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    And I don't see that Shaun King should affect our opinion of this lady at all.
    Shaun is an asshole on his own merits. Perhaps we are agreed.
    Well, I'm trying to follow your logic here, but I don't see how "we're gonna kill every one of you fucking Muslims" is made any less toxic if it's delivered to a mouthy adolescent. I could see a personal insult being justified, but not a promise of genocide. And I'm not cheered by her control of her emotions. I would sooner hear genocidal plans from someone overwrought, because you could assume it was just the anger talking.
    Since that obviously wasn't my point at all, I'll let it go. It's clearly not something you intend to get.

  2. Likes Michele liked this post
  3. #132
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    13,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Shaun is an asshole on his own merits. Perhaps we are agreed.
    Since that obviously wasn't my point at all, I'll let it go. It's clearly not something you intend to get.
    Perhaps you could point to the portion of your post that actually addressed the question "what sort of context would make 'we're gonna kill every one of you fucking Muslims' okay?" That was my mistake -- thinking your point had something to do with the question you were responding to.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  4. #133
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 4:42 PM
    Posts
    10,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    This guy seems pretty emboldened, too:



    2002 called, they said this anti-Muslim baiting didn't work then so do something else.

    Why do you idiot leftists always go back to the same well you yourselves tainted?
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

    link

    Time will tell.

  5. Likes Michele, Newman liked this post
  6. #134
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:15 PM
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Perhaps you could point to the portion of your post that actually addressed the question "what sort of context would make 'we're gonna kill every one of you fucking Muslims' okay?" That was my mistake -- thinking your point had something to do with the question you were responding to.
    Damn I stay up too late at night.

    We don't know what started the exchange; we don't know how it ended. We can only infer a bit from what Ms. Hensley attempted to say.

    We can observe that Ms. Hensley wasn't screaming or cursing, despite being continuously cut off. She asked Miss Motormouth to move her car at one point.

    It's perfectly reasonable to characterize her "threat" as I did.

    And Shaun King is a bully and should get his ass sued for doxing Ms. Hensley. It's hard to believe he was a pastor at one point. He probably put Jonathan Edwards to shame, kicking ass and taking names, as they say.

  7. #135
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    13,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    2002 called, they said this anti-Muslim baiting didn't work then so do something else.

    Why do you idiot leftists always go back to the same well you yourselves tainted?
    The date at the top of that post is November 30, 2016.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  8. #136
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    13,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anti-Muslim violence has to clear a high bar with this administration, because, you know, Trump never comments rashly.

    Sebastian Gorka: Trump won't comment on Minnesota mosque bombing until 'fake hate crime' ruled out

    President Trump does not yet plan to comment on a Minnesota mosque bombing because the White House isn't sure that initial reports of who is responsible are true, national security aide Sebastian Gorka said Tuesday.

    Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton called the explosion at a mosque in Bloomington over the weekend "an act of terrorism."

    Gorka said the White House would wait until the FBI's investigation was finalized to comment on the incident.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  9. #137
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:11 AM
    Posts
    11,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Anti-Muslim violence has to clear a high bar with this administration, because, you know, Trump never comments rashly.

    Given the lefts track record, Trump is correct.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  10. #138
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    13,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Given the lefts track record, Trump is correct.

    Mark
    Is the jury still out on the Finsbury Park attack? I don't think he's commented on that one yet, either.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  11. #139
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    4,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it said, "Driven to the fridge." Now I'm hungry.
    I'm thinking that once, in 1953, a group of interesting people just happened to be in a coffee shop at the same time and a great discussion of issues, ideas, and the meaning of life occurred. Since then we have been waiting at Starbucks for Lawrence Ferlinghetti to say something heavy.

  12. Likes Lanie liked this post
  13. #140
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    13,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Why donít they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." That sounds familiar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Another episode that didn't affect my life and therefore doesn't count:

    Sikh man in Kent says he was told, ĎGo back to your own countryí before he was shot

    Kent police are looking for a gunman who allegedly walked onto a manís driveway and shot him, saying ďGo back to your own country.Ē

    The victim, a 39-year-old Sikh man, was working on his vehicle in his driveway in Kentís East Hill neighborhood about 8 p.m. Friday when he was approached by an unknown man, Kent police said, after talking with the victim.


    An altercation followed, with the victim saying the suspect made statements to the effect of ďGo back to your own country.Ē The victim was shot in the arm.

    The victim described the shooter as a 6-foot-tall white man with a stocky build. He was wearing a mask covering the lower half of his face, the victim said.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •