Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    He was too friendly for this non-chiding forum.
    So it was because he didn't respond to your post.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

2. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    The Fab Four?

Which is why I don't feel sorry for them (or at least two of them, not completely sure about the other two).

My main issue is Trump telling them to go back to the country they came from. Three of them come from America. It sort of suggests that those of color don't belong in America.

And then Kellyanne reinforcing it.

https://mashable.com/article/kellyan...DWQQwfHZVb8Jao

Today, reporter Andrew Feinberg asked Conway to clarify what President Trump meant by a series of racist tweets aimed at four congresswomen this week. In response, Conway asked, "What's your ethnicity?"

When Feinberg asked why this was relevant, Conway told him that her ancestors are from Ireland and Italy. Feinberg responded that ďMy ethnicity is not relevant to the question Iím asking you.Ē

"He's tired," Conway said. "A lot of us are sick and tired in this country of America coming last."

There are too many assholes in DC.

I just donated 20.00 to Murray because she wants to unseat AOC.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've seen a lot op-eds in a wide variety of places that seem to be terrified that people are somehow being driven to the "fringe" of ultra-right thought by Trump, by globalism, by well, anything, really.

Supposedly, law-abiding, tax-paying, people are being incited to become Kluxxers or something similar due to recent political events. Presumably, these people would have muddled along being inoffensive had Clinton won but now they are increasingly becoming "ists" of various types.

Are your neighbors, employers, professors, clergy, friends, relations, retailers, or government officials suddenly becoming Nazis due to recent political events?

Simply voicing a divergent view will not qualify here. Are they denigrating you? Shunning you? It needs to have some actual impact in your life.

Are your Trump-voting (or sympathizing) friends, neighbors, employers, relatives "punishing" you?

If so, how? Merely disagreeing with your worldview/political sense is not enough.

Hey Ginger, did you think we could keep posting extreme stuff this long after your first post? I bet we can go until 2024.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    You can't really blame Lanie for this. It's the policy her party has so fiercly taken so whether she agrees with it or not, she's linked to it.

The thing is the Republicans are being dishonest.

There is no abortion on demand up until birth. That's kool-aid garbage.

Late term abortion happens when the woman of the life is in danger or the fetus has severe defects, often the type in which they won't live long after birth anyway.

The worst I'm hearing about is an abortion clinic in NM that performs up to 31 weeks. I would like it to be illegal after the mid to late 2nd trimester. I guess they think definate viability happens after 31 weeks. Even then, do you guys really think women are going this far and then suddenly deciding they want an abortion? That's one of the five hundred lies that Trump has told.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Norm, just start a new thread. It's free and everything.

I'm pretty sure people all over the world say, "Just go back home" when immigrants or the children of immigrants whine about any country. Americans aren't somehow special in this regard, it's human nature.

Seriously, though - there's no charge for new threads.

I remember being told to leave if I don't like America. I've never been told to go back to Ireland.

First, most of us probably don't know anything about the parents of the other three women who were born here. However, they were born here and to suggest they're less American than some white person whose ancestors who have been here for centuries is offensive.

Furthermore, Trump did this on purpose to trap Nancy and I think he's disgusting for it.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I love America" is a patriotic message. "America, love it or leave it" is a nationalist message.
    "I pledge allegiance to the flag" is a patriotic message. "You had better pledge allegiance to the flag in a manner I approve or you will be punished" is a nationalist message.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Thursday, July 18th, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

8. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Late term abortion happens when the woman of the life is in danger or the fetus has severe defects, often the type in which they won't live long after birth anyway.

The worst I'm hearing about is an abortion clinic in NM that performs up to 31 weeks. I would like it to be illegal after the mid to late 2nd trimester. I guess they think definate viability happens after 31 weeks. Even then, do you guys really think women are going this far and then suddenly deciding they want an abortion? That's one of the five hundred lies that Trump has told.
    Why?
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Have you been living under a rock or something? Virginia and New York are literally championing post-birth abortions. This is not some sort of kook conspiracy theory. There is video of the chamber in Albany erupting in cheers when they passed this bill. Ralph Northam (sp?) is on tape saying that if a baby survives an abortion, it should be wrapped up and kept comfortable until it dies.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Why?
    At some point, the fetus starts developing the ability to feel, hear, dream, and maybe see light. I personally believe that any type of consciousness equals personhood. Consciousness meaning ability to have awareness, not to be confused with being awake. IOW, the lights need to be on.

I do think excpetions should be made to save the woman and in some cases her long term health (if the pregnancy will liklye decrease her life expectancy, then that's about the same as life endangerment). MAYBE allow it for very severe defects where they are suffering anyway, but I don't know about that one. Everybody else is a no go.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Have you been living under a rock or something? Virginia and New York are literally championing post-birth abortions. This is not some sort of kook conspiracy theory. There is video of the chamber in Albany erupting in cheers when they passed this bill. Ralph Northam (sp?) is on tape saying that if a baby survives an abortion, it should be wrapped up and kept comfortable until it dies.
    There is no such thing as a post-birth abortion except for in the case of Gosnell, who got prosecuted.

What they are talking about are cases in which the fetus/baby is born alive after an abortion. In just about all abortion cases, this is not going to happen.

When it does happen, the parent is asked if they want the child to receive care to try to help them survive. Just like when a child is five years old, the parents get the say so. I personally believe a parent who chose an abortion shouldn't have a say so after birth, but that's not what the law currently says. In any case, they're not viable. That means their chances of surviving are extremely slim anyway. This sort of goes back to the idea of whether somebody should have a DNR order. I personally think brain death is the only reason to do that, but the law doesn't agree with me. Likewise, the law doesn't agree with me on this.

I was on a Democrat FB page a while back in which I argued that we should treat babies born alive. I was told this was meant to hurt a woman's right to choose. I argued that her right was already fulfilled. Furthermore, I didn't support this to take away a woman's rights. I supported it because I'll always back a child's right to life saving healthcare over a parent's right to say no.

I think we should be real here. The only reason the left passed extreme laws in favor of abortion rights are for the same reason for the heartbeat bills (which I also find extreme). They're all literally responding to Kavanaugh being sworn in. States are getting ready for an overturn of Roe. In reality, most abortion doctors are not even licensed to take an abortion but so far. They're definitely supposed to save a viable baby.

I think we should go ahead and go to court. I'm not as confident that Kavanaugh will be the death of Roe as some people are.