Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You were the one who made the irrational analogy, not me.

If you can see a difference, why did you make such a terrible post?

Progressive reflex? You simply knee-jerked (or goose-stepped) before you thought?
    I was pointing out the irrationality of your stipulation that only things that directly affect our lives were valid examples.

And, for the record, you brought up Nazis in the thread opener.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    You know who else liked cat videos?

Hitler.
    Still pictures, too.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 1:23 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not noticed a change in the behavior of conservative friends online, or the attitude of my "neighbors" here in deeply conservative Alabama. They're the same people they were before. The nice ones are still nice, the jackasses are still jackasses, and the small-cocked young men in their jacked up pickemup trucks still fly their Redneck Battle Flag from the truck bed like some sort of cry for attention from their fellow idiots. Nothing has really changed that I can tell.
    Elect a clown ó expect a circus.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only change I have seen is the redneck across the river no longer has the confederate flag flying. His daughter made him take it down for her wedding. And he's in federal prison right now. We'll see if he puts it up when he comes home in a few weeks. I hope not. But he was there before me.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    I was pointing out the irrationality of your stipulation that only things that directly affect our lives were valid examples.

And, for the record, you brought up Nazis in the thread opener.
    But you made the irrational comparisons in seriousness while I did not.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Every? No. Just when one's friends say something that makes one realize the uptick in anti-Muslim sentiment. Amazing how much of an impact Trump has allegedly had on all this. 16 years of war, but we change back to a Republican administration in a few days and now there's some big uptick in anti-Muslim sentiment in the last 2 months.
    Because someone might use the RIT words. Radical Islamic Terrorism.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen a lot op-eds in a wide variety of places that seem to be terrified that people are somehow being driven to the "fringe" of ultra-right thought by Trump, by globalism, by well, anything, really.

Supposedly, law-abiding, tax-paying, people are being incited to become Kluxxers or something similar due to recent political events. Presumably, these people would have muddled along being inoffensive had Clinton won but now they are increasingly becoming "ists" of various types.

Are your neighbors, employers, professors, clergy, friends, relations, retailers, or government officials suddenly becoming Nazis due to recent political events?

Simply voicing a divergent view will not qualify here. Are they denigrating you? Shunning you? It needs to have some actual impact in your life.

Are your Trump-voting (or sympathizing) friends, neighbors, employers, relatives "punishing" you?

If so, how? Merely disagreeing with your worldview/political sense is not enough.
    The Klan has a rule. It's not to reveal your identity.

But you can read more about it here.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...0after%20trump

Right now, I have to deal more with leftists acting like I'm the enemy for not thinking like them and sore winner Trump supporters.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The Klan has a rule. It's not to reveal your identity.

But you can read more about it here.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...0after%20trump

Right now, I have to deal more with leftists acting like I'm the enemy for not thinking like them and sore winner Trump supporters.
    You know people who voted for Trump but are unhappy that he won?

Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know people who voted for Trump but are unhappy that he won?
    Sore winners. People who are looking for every chance they can to make the other side eat crow, rub it in their face, and then use the behavior of people who supported Obama years ago as an excuse for their behavior. Some Trump supporters are not being winners with any type of dignity. They're as annoying as the sore losers.

10. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Sore winners. People who are looking for every chance they can to make the other side eat crow, rub it in their face, and then use the behavior of people who supported Obama years ago as an excuse for their behavior. Some Trump supporters are not being winners with any type of dignity. They're as annoying as the sore losers.
    So, they're acting like Obama supporters during the past 8 years.

I'm not applauding that kind of behavior - I disliked it for the past 8 years myself - but that's the new normal in politics. You can't slap these people for behaving badly when they've been on the wrong end of things themselves for so many years.

I'd prefer a way more civil manner in politics and in life but if wishes were horses.......