Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 235

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Funny. I used to say Buddha dammit. Then I changed it to Allah dammit. Because I didn't want to take the name of my Lord in vain.
    That leaves "Dammit, Trump!" out as well.
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

    ~ David Frum

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I guess you didn't read the part about the Trump supporters AGAIN getting violent with a protester.

    That last line doesn't deserve the dignity of a comment. Gingersnap asked for examples of people driven to the fringe and I gave them. I'm sorry that you don't like it. I'm sorry that most Trump supporters are delicate snowflakes that can't handle hearing it. Oh, and I'll call you a Trump supporter even though you supported somebody else at first. It's only fair since you said I like Hillary/hate Trump.

    Goes right of there with accusing those with religious convictions of hating gays.
    Yes, Ginger asked for personal examples of Trump fringe supporters of which I'm sure you have made a lengthy list of. But you posted a hysterical article that sounds like a bad scene from a low budget movie and you posted it as FACT.

    It wasn't Trump supporters who were emotionally unstable after the election and continue to be. It's not Trump supporters who wrote...write...about their fear and how scared they are because of politics. It wasn't Trump supporters who needed to protested an election and who rioted because their candidate lost. It wasn't Trump supporters who marched for their vaginas. It wasn't Trump supporters who closed down speeches at universities because the mere mention of an opposing view triggers trauma.

    In general, there's only one type of person who takes the bait and gets offended if you look at them cross-eyed and who needs their safe place because they're fragile psyche can't handle any difference of opinion. They're the snowflakes.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    It's not Trump supporters who wrote...write...about their fear and how scared they are because of politics.
    A friend of my daughter got her passport this week. Her family wants to be prepared in case some of them are deported. I am not so callous as to dismiss her fear.
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

    ~ David Frum

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    A friend of my daughter got her passport this week. Her family wants to be prepared in case some of them are deported. I am not so callous as to dismiss her fear.
    Okay, minus anyone who could be deported for being here illegally. I can understand their fear.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    That leaves "Dammit, Trump!" out as well.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Okay, minus anyone who could be deported for being here illegally. I can understand their fear.
    Especially if they have been here since they were 6 months old.
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

    ~ David Frum

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:16 PM
    Posts
    11,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Yes, Ginger asked for personal examples of Trump fringe supporters of which I'm sure you have made a lengthy list of. But you posted a hysterical article that sounds like a bad scene from a low budget movie and you posted it as FACT.

    It wasn't Trump supporters who were emotionally unstable after the election and continue to be. It's not Trump supporters who wrote...write...about their fear and how scared they are because of politics. It wasn't Trump supporters who needed to protested an election and who rioted because their candidate lost. It wasn't Trump supporters who marched for their vaginas. It wasn't Trump supporters who closed down speeches at universities because the mere mention of an opposing view triggers trauma.

    In general, there's only one type of person who takes the bait and gets offended if you look at them cross-eyed and who needs their safe place because they're fragile psyche can't handle any difference of opinion. They're the snowflakes.
    We have a winner!!



    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Especially if they have been here since they were 6 months old.
    I don't consider a Dreamer a snowflake and that's not who I was talking about so please don't get all triggered.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I don't consider a Dreamer a snowflake and that's not who I was talking about so please don't get all triggered.
    "Triggered"?







    Too funny.
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

    ~ David Frum

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
    Posts
    4,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I hate to use four-letter words, Lanie, but the Pastor in that article is a total douche.

    His sobbing daughter should probably be taken by Child Services to a family that has a rational adult in it.

    He signaled his duplicity criticizing the recitation of the Lord's Prayer. Maybe in his own church he insists on it being a monologue. Or maybe he likes it dirge-like, droned monotonously by half-awake parishioners. I don't know. But his diss of that particular recitation was, well, stupid. Really, really stupid.

    The rest of his account did nothing to relieve that first impression.
    I think the problem comes in with this junk of Republican Party equaling Christian Party. It's as if there's a Republican god that supposedly is going to send everybody else to hell. I've dealt with Republican god for years and I'm sort of sick of it.

    But the little girl was cringing from crazy Trump supporters hurting people, not her father. To suggest she should be taken away is showing hate. What about all the other accounts of violence in the past year? Oh wait, they never happened or the other person supposedly deserved it. So long long as neither Trump or his more violent supporters (which he doesn't condemn, BTW) doesn't have to take responsibility.

    Oh, and BTW, douche is a six letter word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •