Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeal and Replace

Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Frosty, Michele, would either of you like to address the analysis by - of all sources - the insurance industry?

Or perhaps you'd like to respond to the response quoted above. Think about the company you're keeping.
    No, I'm single payer in 15 months. Do I look like I care?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
    And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
    May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
    May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
    -Seth Peterson

Last Online
    Today @ 4:54 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frosty, Michele, would either of you like to address the analysis by - of all sources - the insurance industry?

Or perhaps you'd like to respond to the response quoted above. Think about the company you're keeping.
    Got anything to dispute the fact that the elderly are high cost? Link? Reference? Anything? Whether it be private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid? Let's see your proof that the elderly don't cost much in the way of medical care.
    Won't hold my breathe. Because as usual, all you have is an insult.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Got anything to dispute the fact that the elderly are high cost? Link? Reference? Anything? Whether it be private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid? Let's see your proof that the elderly don't cost much in the way of medical care.
    Won't hold my breathe. Because as usual, all you have is an insult.
    I dispute that they are the high cost customers in the marketplace that would be affected by the Cruz amendment, because they are eligible for Medicare. The insurance companies successfully sloughed them off a long time ago.

"What we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted."
    -President Donald J. Trump

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still trying to wrap my head around the lack of reaction to something that would have been hot news if one of the designated "lefties" had said it.
    I gave up wrapping my head around the lack of reaction on here, and by the left in general, over not caring about the Americans who lost their health insurance and saw their premiums skyrocket over Obamacare. They were basically told to suck it up. Then when it failed, the Left whined about the republicans not helping them to fix the Left's massive screw-up. So no, I can't get too worked up right now with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, name calling, War on Medicaid-women-poor people-illegal immigrants-BLM-transgender-the gay community-and anyone else I might have left out by the Left. They didn't seem to concerned when by $425 premium rose to $900+ after 2010 except to say I needed to pay it. The Left complains that the republicans should've had a plan to fix and clean-up the democrats pile of garbage, all the while knowing that Obamacare had been planned and worked on for many, many, many years in the rat-holes of the democrat party and purposely layered with so many tentacles that it would be nearly impossible to get rid of.

Truth is, healthcare has never been about covering the uninsured and the under-insured. That was propaganda created by the Left and promoted by their bench, the msm. It has always been about making the US a Single Payer country...and Single Payer is what we'll be stuck with.
    13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
    Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.
    Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Truth is, healthcare has never been about covering the uninsured and the under-insured. That was propaganda created by the Left and promoted by their bench, the msm. It has always been about making the US a Single Payer country...and Single Payer is what we'll be stuck with.
    I'm glad that you have never experienced what many Americans have. I have been in that sucky spot where I earn too much for Medicaid, but not enough to pay for insurance coverage.
    As a result, an injury that I had back then went mostly untreated and is still a problem over 20 years later.

I have friends who could not afford coverage until ACA and are very afraid of what comes next, and I know people with pre-existing conditions who are afraid that if they lose their current coverage, they won't be able to afford or get new coverage.

So, I'm glad that you and your circle think it's all a scam. But I know people whose health coverage was greatly improved by ACA. It needs fixing, but that's not happening in this political atmosphere as neither side is willing to be adult and work with the other side to do so.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    I'm glad that you have never experienced what many Americans have. I have been in that sucky spot where I earn too much for Medicaid, but not enough to pay for insurance coverage.
    As a result, an injury that I had back then went mostly untreated and is still a problem over 20 years later.

I have friends who could not afford coverage until ACA and are very afraid of what comes next, and I know people with pre-existing conditions who are afraid that if they lose their current coverage, they won't be able to afford or get new coverage.

So, I'm glad that you and your circle think it's all a scam. But I know people whose health coverage was greatly improved by ACA. It needs fixing, but that's not happening in this political atmosphere as neither side is willing to be adult and work with the other side to do so.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

"The fundamental driver of Western civilization is the agreement that objective reality exists, that people of goodwill can perceive it and that other people will change their views when presented with the facts of the matter."

~ From Churchill and Orwell: The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks

Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post

And I know plenty of financially responsible people who have paid the quadrupling cost of their insurance premiums (with increased deductible/out of pocket levels making the "insurance all but worthless for anything short of major surgery) by curtailing their lifestyles and savings levels. I bet there are far more of these people than those added to the ranks of medicaid.

I've seen too many news clips of interviews with the "poor" medicaid patient who has a one year old car and a flatscreen TV rivaling a football stadium trinitron.

Decisions, decisions.....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
    And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
    May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
    May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
    -Seth Peterson

Last Online
    Today @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    No, I'm single payer in 15 months. Do I look like I care?
    Yeah, you kinda do.

"What we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted."
    -President Donald J. Trump

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    And I know plenty of financially responsible people who have paid the quadrupling cost of their insurance premiums (with increased deductible/out of pocket levels making the "insurance all but worthless for anything short of major surgery) by curtailing their lifestyles and savings levels. I bet there are far more of these people than those added to the ranks of medicaid.

I've seen too many news clips of interviews with the "poor" medicaid patient who has a one year old car and a flatscreen TV rivaling a football stadium trinitron.

Decisions, decisions.....
    If the Left had been honest about what they wanted, it would never have passed.

If they helped the uninsured and the under-insured it would have passed with bipartisan #'s. But that's not what their goal was...it was Single Payer. So Dan could be insured.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

11. Likes scott liked this post