Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87

Thread: My Official Instant Pot Review

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I figure as long as the lid doesn't blow off and put a hole in the roof, it's never a complete failure!

    Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
    LOLOL.......... there's this thing called an oven. Ya know, just put stuff in it and it cooks. HAve a book and wine while waiting.....................no pressure till it finishes.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, November 17th, 2017 @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    12,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    LOLOL.......... there's this thing called an oven. Ya know, just put stuff in it and it cooks. HAve a book and wine while waiting.....................no pressure till it finishes.
    Pressure cooking isn't just about doing something in a much shorter amount of time (although that's helpful). In an Instant Pot you can saute the onion and garlic and the chicken (if you care to) and then cook the enchiladas in the same pot without dirtying up more dishes and without heating up the kitchen.

    Shorter cook time + one pot to clean + cooler kitchen = better experience for a lot of people.

    Pressure cooked meats (including poultry) are also more succulent and juicy in many cases. Not everybody can baby a braise for 4 hours to get the same result.

    Try it!

  3. Likes Tom Servo, RobJohnson liked this post
  4. #73
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Pressure cooking isn't just about doing something in a much shorter amount of time (although that's helpful). In an Instant Pot you can saute the onion and garlic and the chicken (if you care to) and then cook the enchiladas in the same pot without dirtying up more dishes and without heating up the kitchen.

    Or a person can just go out to the Mexican food restaurant and get a margarita with that enchilada.

  5. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  6. #74
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, November 17th, 2017 @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    12,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Or a person can just go out to the Mexican food restaurant and get a margarita with that enchilada.
    If they were willing to spend that kind of money and lived where that was an option.

    In real life, most of us have to watch our pennies. I actually eat out a lot because I have a wide and intensive friendship circle and they prefer that aside from cocktail parties and dinners but I can afford it. I remember when I couldn't. I'm still a frugal cook at home.

    Most people need to be frugal cooks and they are time-pressed.

  7. Likes Michele liked this post
  8. #75
    Join Date
    Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 6:32 PM
    Posts
    1,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Pressure cooking isn't just about doing something in a much shorter amount of time (although that's helpful). In an Instant Pot you can saute the onion and garlic and the chicken (if you care to) and then cook the enchiladas in the same pot without dirtying up more dishes and without heating up the kitchen.

    Shorter cook time + one pot to clean + cooler kitchen = better experience for a lot of people.

    Pressure cooked meats (including poultry) are also more succulent and juicy in many cases. Not everybody can baby a braise for 4 hours to get the same result.

    Try it!
    A cooler kitchen is a huge plus here in Southern Nevada during the summer months.

  9. #76
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,053
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If they were willing to spend that kind of money and lived where that was an option.

    In real life, most of us have to watch our pennies. I actually eat out a lot because I have a wide and intensive friendship circle and they prefer that aside from cocktail parties and dinners but I can afford it. I remember when I couldn't. I'm still a frugal cook at home.

    Most people need to be frugal cooks and they are time-pressed.
    Our middle daughter has one and loves it. Her complaint about roasting and baking has been that by the time she gets home...5:30-6:00pm...she doesn't want to wait 3-hours to eat. It's fun listening to her tell me what she made in her Instant Pot and how good it was.
    “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
    - Martin Luther

  10. Likes Tom Servo, Gingersnap, phillygirl liked this post
  11. #77
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:39 AM
    Location
    LA (Lower Alabama)
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to bake a lot in the oven. Pork chops, chicken breasts, pot roasts… and they always seemed to come out dry and tough. Even Ina Garten's "how easy is that? *poot*" chicken breast recipe was hit or miss. But in the IP, it's always tender, and always easy.

    Right now my two favorite kitchen appliances are the IP and my old convection toaster oven for heating up leftovers. I figure if I ever wind up in a teeny tiny apartment with a miserable kitchen, I've got it all figured out already. IP+convection toaster oven is pretty much all I need beyond a two burner stove.
    I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

  12. Likes RobJohnson, phillygirl liked this post
  13. #78
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If they were willing to spend that kind of money and lived where that was an option.

    In real life, most of us have to watch our pennies. I actually eat out a lot because I have a wide and intensive friendship circle and they prefer that aside from cocktail parties and dinners but I can afford it. I remember when I couldn't. I'm still a frugal cook at home.

    Most people need to be frugal cooks and they are time-pressed.
    For a single person eating out is often the more frugal. Eat off the kids' menu.

  14. Likes RobJohnson liked this post
  15. #79
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    10,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I used to bake a lot in the oven. Pork chops, chicken breasts, pot roasts… and they always seemed to come out dry and tough. Even Ina Garten's "how easy is that? *poot*" chicken breast recipe was hit or miss. But in the IP, it's always tender, and always easy.

    Right now my two favorite kitchen appliances are the IP and my old convection toaster oven for heating up leftovers. I figure if I ever wind up in a teeny tiny apartment with a miserable kitchen, I've got it all figured out already. IP+convection toaster oven is pretty much all I need beyond a two burner stove.
    I have a full kitchen, and that's pretty much all I use, too, plus the outdoor grill sometimes. I only use the oven when it's cold. When I'm finished cooking, I turn it off but leave the oven door open to let it help heat the house with the leftover heat.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  16. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  17. #80
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, November 17th, 2017 @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    12,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low and slow, the lower, the better.

    This is not actually true of modern slow cookers. They all boil eventually.

    I just take 50 degrees off most things and an add a half an hour. It works out fairly well.
    Last edited by Gingersnap; Friday, November 17th, 2017 at 5:12 PM.

  18. Likes Tom Servo liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •