Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin Apologizes for Bloody Decapitated Trump Image

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Kathy Griffin Apologizes for Bloody Decapitated Trump Image

Comedian Kathy Griffin has apologized in a Twitter video after receiving backlash on social media Tuesday about photographs of her holding a bloody decapitated head resembling President Donald Trump.

"I'm a comic. I crossed the line. I moved the line, then I crossed it. I went way too far," Griffin said.

1496175907205.jpg

More at Link
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you imagine what would have happened if someone did this to Obama?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

3. Likes Tom Servo, Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Can you imagine what would have happened if someone did this to Obama?

Mark
    Yes. Easily.

There would be social media outrage that is ignored because fuck those snowflakes and the person who did it would get invited to the White House.
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    Today @ 7:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Yes. Easily.

There would be social media outrage that is ignored because fuck those snowflakes and the person who did it would get invited to the White House.
    Bwhahahha. Christ Billy, simply disagreeing with Obama's policies made you a racist.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

6. Likes RobJohnson liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 6:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Easily.

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    She's the type female comedian who deals in shock humor. She pretended to give Anderson Cooper at blow job a few years ago.

Essentially, her humor is largely about her being a slut/failed woman on various levels. Not knocking this: plenty of male comedians have the same schtick: sluts/failed men on various levels.

She's just not as good at it.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    More on the comedy part:

The question was also raised of whether Griffin's photos would affect the comic's relationship with CNN; she has co-hosted the news network's New Year's Eve coverage with Anderson Cooper for years.

In a statement CNN said it is "evaluating" New Year's Eve and has not made any decisions yet.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    More on the reaction of her CNN colleagues:

[Jake Tapper:] ďIt's pretty disgusting, and I can't imagine how anybody would think that's appropriate. Donald Trump Jr. is out there saying this is now considered to be acceptable discourse by the left.Ē

MOLLY BALL: IóWho is saying itís acceptable discourse exactly?

TAPPER: Don Trump Jr.

BALL: Who is saying it's even discourse? I have a hard time bringing myself to care about something like this. I think it just speaks to the need to see themselves as a victim that they have, that they are constantly being persecuted. Itís constantlyó

TAPPER: The Trumpís youíre talking about.

BALL: The Trump people are constantly having to point to the elites who are looking down on them. Of course, comedians and celebrities say dumb stuff and do dumb stuff and violence is not appropriate, but I just don't think that that's the source of President Trump's problems.

Bold added above for emphasis, because it rings true to me. Her colleagues chimed in:
    Ballís fellow panelists, Obama administration lackey Jen Psaki and former Trump campaign strategist David Urban dismissed it as unimportant as well.
    With each new foray outside the bounds of civil discourse by the Democrats, or Trump-haters, here, the question is begged, How do they top this?

And with each offense, the reaction from the left is "meh" in so many words.

It's interesting that this time a number of leftie celebs have broken ranks to disown Ms. Griffin's prank. Anderson Cooper, for example, "For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate."

Jake Tapper, again, ďIt's pretty disgusting, and I can't imagine how anybody would think that's appropriate. Donald Trump Jr. is out there saying this is now considered to be acceptable discourse by the left.Ē

I'm not sure Donald Jr. is right. Ms. Griffin may have gotten a bit ahead of the curve here. Chelsea Clinton agrees with Tapper, for example, "This is vile and wrong. It is never funny to joke about killing a president."

Nevertheless, in the contest to express the most outrage, the question remains, How do they top this?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Bwhahahha. Christ Billy, simply disagreeing with Obama's policies made you a racist.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

Good grief, Charlie Brown.
    image.jpg
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Claiming someone is guilty of treason and should be tried and then sentenced to hang is exactly the same thing as posing with a beheading president. Exactly.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

13. Likes Michele, 80zephyr liked this post