Thread: Two Women Make History by Graduating Army Ranger School

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 @ 7:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Two Women Make History by Graduating Army Ranger School

Well now, quite something down there in the heat of spring and summer-time Georgia.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...er-school.html
    FORT BENNING, Georgia -- Two female officers made history on Friday by becoming the first women to graduate from the traditionally all-male U.S. Army Ranger School.
    Capt. Kristen Griest, a 26-year-old military police officer from Connecticut, and 1st Lt. Shaye Haver, a 26-year-old AH-64 Apache helicopter pilot from Arizona, earned the coveted Ranger tab during a ceremony here under sunny summer skies and in front of bleachers filled with family members and loved ones.

The event took place near Victory Pond, a key training site where Rangers learn water survival techniques, and featured a demonstration of various infantry skills, such as rappelling, hand-to-hand combat, explosives and helicopter insertion. The theme song to the 1992 movie, "The Last of the Mohicans,"' played on loudspeakers.

Wearing a mix of camouflage patterns, the students stood in formation and received a handshake from the new Army Chief of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley. Family members later approached the line to pin Ranger Tabs on their loved ones. Griest and Haver stood together, smiling while receiving congratulations from various Ranger School officials.
    They had accomplished a hard-won honor that has eluded many a male soldier since the course was founded in 1952. Ranger School is a 62-day course described as the Army's premiere infantry leadership course, an ordeal that pushes students to their physical and mental limits.

"It's pretty cool that they have accepted us," Haver said during a briefing with reporters on Thursday, referring to their male Ranger buddies. "We ourselves came to Ranger School skeptical, with our guards up, just in case there were haters and naysayers. But we didn't come with a chip on our shoulder like we had anything to prove."
    She added, "I can say that without a doubt that the team that I am graduating with tomorrow accept me completely as a Ranger, and I couldn't be more proud and humbled by the experience."
    Griest echoed Haver's comments.

"My main concern in coming to Ranger School was I might not be able to carry as much weight or not be able to meet up to the same standard," she said during the same event. "I tried to do as much as I could, and I saw everybody else helping each other out and you just try to be the best teammate that you can."
    Haver, Griest and a third female officer -- who is currently repeating Mountain Phase -- are all who are left of the original 19 female volunteers to go through the first co-ed class of Ranger School beginning April 20. In addition to the 19 women, there were 380 men who started the course.
    Continued at link.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:04 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Women in the Rangers is like having women in the NFL.

Good luck with that.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Women in the Rangers is like having women in the NFL.

Good luck with that.

Mark
    There you go: CBS Sports

Now, she's a placekicker and it's Adams State but who knows?

Last Online
    Today @ 4:04 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There you go: CBS Sports

Now, she's a placekicker and it's Adams State but who knows?
    Could there be one woman capable of playing football? I suppose. Is it worth the effort? Probably not.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could there be one woman capable of playing football? I suppose. Is it worth the effort? Probably not.

Mark
    Well, it's pretty narrow specialty. I doubt she'd be able to sub for an injured wide receiver or halfback.

6. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 @ 7:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    LOLOLOL.............. musta been to the team who hired her, though. Dunno what she uses for a locker room, though. Unless she calls herself a man.
    Oh, she plays for a small college.
    Last edited by Lady Marva; Thursday, June 15th, 2017 at 12:59 PM.