Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Afghan all-girl robotics team denied entry to US for competition

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this clearly shows once again that Trump is a real asshole!
    Okay.

2. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    He's gnawing away at a logical response to terror.

"What we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted."
    -President Donald J. Trump

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Well, yeah it kinda does. He fought so hard to slam any criticism of his ban, talking about how it was immediately necessary, yet a lot more than 90 days passed before a judge finally allowed it to be implemented. They could have used those 90+ days to do what they were going to do when the ban was in place, no? But instead they sat around and pouted like friggin' schoolchildren and cried on Twitter about how unfair the judges were.

Now that it's in effect they are willing to make an exception for SOME Afghans? It's B.S. I'm glad he came around on this, but it's still more evidence the ban is political pandering B.S. and nothing more.
    “What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish?” ~ El Arroyo, Austin

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, yeah it kinda does. He fought so hard to slam any criticism of his ban, talking about how it was immediately necessary, yet a lot more than 90 days passed before a judge finally allowed it to be implemented. They could have used those 90+ days to do what they were going to do when the ban was in place, no? But instead they sat around and pouted like friggin' schoolchildren and cried on Twitter about how unfair the judges were.

Now that it's in effect they are willing to make an exception for SOME Afghans? It's B.S. I'm glad he came around on this, but it's still more evidence the ban is political pandering B.S. and nothing more.
    As I said. Total Asshole. Letting in those little robot building Afghan girls. and yet Mohammeds the world over are still kept out. Dick move.
    Okay.

6. Likes Adam, Michele, 80zephyr, scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:54 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad he came around on this, but it's still more evidence the ban is political pandering B.S. and nothing more.
    Political pandering to the people who voted for him........................ yeah, doing what he was voted into office to do.

8. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Political pandering to the people who voted for him........................ yeah, doing what he was voted into office to do.
    He was voted into office partly on a Muslim travel ban, and yet he's letting Muslims in from Afghanistan. Sounds like another broken promise to me.
    “What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish?” ~ El Arroyo, Austin

Last Online
    Today @ 4:54 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was voted into office partly on a Muslim travel ban, and yet he's letting Muslims in from Afghanistan. Sounds like another broken promise to me.
    OK. He shouldn't let them in. But he does have more say so than a low-level embassy clerk.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, FUCK those court orders that prevented them from implementing any attempts at tightening up the vetting process. He should just ignore court orders like Obama did!

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Who in the flaming FUCK, other than you, ever claimed that there would never be any exceptions, ever, for any reason?
    The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in “Metcalfe's law”–which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants–becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's.

~ Paul Krugman, 1998

Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
    And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
    May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
    May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
    -Seth Peterson

Last Online
    Today @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    You think they're terrorists?

"What we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted."
    -President Donald J. Trump