Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I found this in a facebook discussion...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this in a facebook discussion...

I remember a time when mental illness was treated. Now it's celebrated by the ignorant.

Boy, does that guy nail it.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Sunday, September 24th, 2017 @ 4:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a winner!!

ďAnd I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."
    -President Donald J. Trump

Last Online
    Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 @ 4:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    I remember a time when mental illness was treated. Now it's celebrated by the ignorant.

Mark
    Was there any particular context for the post? Agree with it, just wondering the example.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    Hard to treat mental illness when Republican governors have spend the last ~30 years systematically defunding and dismantling mental health treatment facilities.

At one time the state of Alabama had about a dozen state run mental hospitals that housed and/or treated those with mental illness. But in the quest to squander money elsewhere, they were almost all shut down (I think there's one left in the entire state) and now we just let people unable to pay for private mental healthcare go to jail and be treated like animals there instead.

And yes I know this is not the point you were going for, but I'm not playing that game today.
    ďWhen you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.Ē

Last Online
    Today @ 5:52 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hard to treat mental illness when Republican governors have spend the last ~30 years systematically defunding and dismantling mental health treatment facilities.

At one time the state of Alabama had about a dozen state run mental hospitals that housed and/or treated those with mental illness. But in the quest to squander money elsewhere, they were almost all shut down (I think there's one left in the entire state) and now we just let people unable to pay for private mental healthcare go to jail and be treated like animals there instead.

And yes I know this is not the point you were going for, but I'm not playing that game today.
    Do you really want those asylums back with all the maltreatment and abuse? Those were no better than what we have now.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Do you really want those asylums back with all the maltreatment and abuse? Those were no better than what we have now.
    Are those the only options? Abuse or lack of treatment?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Are those the only options? Abuse or lack of treatment?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Those were the only options when they were closed. Decades of promises to reform yielded nothing so the funding was pulled. Now it's the fault of those who acted to remove those scourges of society? No, it's the fault of the bureaucrats that fostered these hellholes.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

9. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

If I am remembering correctly, the GOP didn't defund mental health facilities. It was the Dems who wanted them closed.

I suppose it is so much easier to call mental illness normal than to help folks.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 @ 4:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I am remembering correctly, the GOP didn't defund mental health facilities. It was the Dems who wanted them closed.
    Correct. it was the lefties who wanted the inmates let out to wander the streets.
    I suppose it is so much easier to call mental illness normal than to help folks.

Mark
    EX: men who think they're women; women who mutilate themselves to pretend to be a man.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark
    Accounts vary:

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/29/rona...ental_illness/

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/sc...pagewanted=all

link

Time will tell.

13. Likes 80zephyr liked this post