Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Pecan Pie Day

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Not really sure I want to have beer with pecan pie.
    I wasn't sure either. But it was actually good pairing. And it was a very small sliver of pie, with just a tiny bit of ice cream (think paper cup that one would put ketchup in) and just really two sips of the porter on the side.
    Really nice.
    And since it was 4 p.m. and I hadn't a thing to eat and only half a bottle of water to drink up to that point in the day...and just finished a 30 minute walk in hot Richmond...it absolutely hit the spot!
    Okay.

2. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 @ 10:15 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    ...despite being from sippin' whiskey country.
    Can you score me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle? I'll take the 23 yr old.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be honest, I didn't know that pecan pie was even a thing outside the deep south. It's a bit too sweet for me but a slice every now and then isn't bad. My grandmother used to make a really good pie that wasn't overly sugary but she gave up baking a while back and I still haven't wrangled any recipes from her yet.

I'm also not above buying store-bought pecan pie, especially if it's from Three Georges in downtown Mobile. Yum.
    What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish? ~ El Arroyo, Austin

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'll be honest, I didn't know that pecan pie was even a thing outside the deep south. It's a bit too sweet for me but a slice every now and then isn't bad. My grandmother used to make a really good pie that wasn't overly sugary but she gave up baking a while back and I still haven't wrangled any recipes from her yet.

I'm also not above buying store-bought pecan pie, especially if it's from Three Georges in downtown Mobile. Yum.
    Every once in awhile at Thanksgiving someone will bring one to our dinner. I enjoy a small slice if it's just once in awhile. It is really sweet. I don't care for the chocolate ones...sugar overkill.
    Okay.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:20 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I wish I liked it. My entire family adores it and I've made it many times but I just don't like it. I adore pecans.
    How can you not like pecan pie? All that pie filling with crunchy pecans.

Not interested in alcohol in my pie. I think that would ruin it.