Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Rating sent by Tapatalk

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:08 PM
    Posts
    7,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    No. But apparently, the NOAA lies to Coloradoans. Coloradites? Coloradians? Coloraditarians? Colonoscopies?
    Coloradudes.

    "What we have is something that is very, very, incredibly well-crafted."
    -President Donald J. Trump

  2. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 @ 11:56 PM
    Posts
    11,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    No. But apparently, the NOAA lies to Coloradoans. Coloradites? Coloradians? Coloraditarians? Colonoscopies?
    No. But apparently, the NOAA lies.[/QUOTE]

    Fixed it for you!

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Location
    LA (Lower Alabama)
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading about this the night after this event supposedly happened, but could not find any actual evidence of it. I watch NBC Nightly News every night, because deep down inside I'm a 75 year old man. It was not misspelled on my TV guide, nor was it misspelled on Zap2It, TV Guide.com or on the actual recording that was made.

    A family member of mine was a Nielsen household for years, and the box only noted which channel was being watched on the TV, not the name of the programming. That info had to be gathered by Nielsen themselves, so I assume this deliberate misspelling only made it to them and not to Tribune or the other TV guide service whose name I forget.

    If it had actually propagated out to end users on cable and satellite systems, their recordings would have missed it because it was not the same title as other versions of the news program. The title is what determines the recording, which is why to watch national and local news each night, I have to have like seven different things as series recordings because the names keep changing. "Local 15 News at 9 pm" versus "Local 15 News at 10 pm"; "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt" versus just plain "NBC Nightly News" on weekends, etc.
    “What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish?” ~ El Arroyo, Austin

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:09 PM
    Posts
    3,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I remember reading about this the night after this event supposedly happened, but could not find any actual evidence of it. I watch NBC Nightly News every night, because deep down inside I'm a 75 year old man. It was not misspelled on my TV guide, nor was it misspelled on Zap2It, TV Guide.com or on the actual recording that was made.

    A family member of mine was a Nielsen household for years, and the box only noted which channel was being watched on the TV, not the name of the programming. That info had to be gathered by Nielsen themselves, so I assume this deliberate misspelling only made it to them and not to Tribune or the other TV guide service whose name I forget.

    If it had actually propagated out to end users on cable and satellite systems, their recordings would have missed it because it was not the same title as other versions of the news program. The title is what determines the recording, which is why to watch national and local news each night, I have to have like seven different things as series recordings because the names keep changing. "Local 15 News at 9 pm" versus "Local 15 News at 10 pm"; "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt" versus just plain "NBC Nightly News" on weekends, etc.
    As an aside, one reason I DON'T watch many news programs is because of the saturation of medical commercials you have to endure. If I sit through a half hour of that stuff I feel like if I'm not half dead already I should be, I just haven't figured out "what's right for me."

    The only levity is anticipating what new acronym for some embarrassing affliction will be accompanied by reams of qualifiers ("may cause death") over vignettes of healthy living.

    Before I was diagnosed with SIPV (Sudden Involuntary Projectile Vomiting) I was embarrassed to go to social events at all....

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Location
    LA (Lower Alabama)
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    As an aside, one reason I DON'T watch many news programs is because of the saturation of medical commercials you have to endure. If I sit through a half hour of that stuff I feel like if I'm not half dead already I should be, I just haven't figured out "what's right for me."
    I've had a DVR of some type for… about 14 years now? I couldn't tell you the last time I voluntarily sat though a TV commercial. I never watch live TV anymore unless it's BBC World News to have something on in the background.
    “What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish?” ~ El Arroyo, Austin

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:09 PM
    Posts
    3,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've had a DVR of some type for… about 14 years now? I couldn't tell you the last time I voluntarily sat though a TV commercial. I never watch live TV anymore unless it's BBC World News to have something on in the background.
    True, true. Often I'm too lazy to FF through them. The tone is inescapable.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:08 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    As an aside, one reason I DON'T watch many news programs is because of the saturation of medical commercials you have to endure. If I sit through a half hour of that stuff I feel like if I'm not half dead already I should be, I just haven't figured out "what's right for me."

    The only levity is anticipating what new acronym for some embarrassing affliction will be accompanied by reams of qualifiers ("may cause death") over vignettes of healthy living.

    Before I was diagnosed with SIPV (Sudden Involuntary Projectile Vomiting) I was embarrassed to go to social events at all....
    That sounds like something that can be cured with Panexa.
    The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in “Metcalfe's law”–which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants–becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's.

    ~ Paul Krugman, 1998

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    9,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That sounds like something that can be cured with Panexa.
    HRH and I are laughing uncontrollably. That "ad" is a language geek's idea of pure fun.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:08 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    10,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    HRH and I are laughing uncontrollably. That "ad" is a language geek's idea of pure fun.
    If you should be aware of a pregnant woman who has handled PANEXA, attempt to warn the peoples of earth of the mind-numbing horror that is about to unfold. Also, drink plenty of liquids.

    The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in “Metcalfe's law”–which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants–becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's.

    ~ Paul Krugman, 1998

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •