Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It's pretty much hot everywhere in July, so I'm not worried. It's not like it's cool in Philly! Unfortunately, August is my usual month for vacation and the girl likes cities. We went to Savannah and Charleston last august. We've done NYC in August, as well as Miami, San Antonio, Niagara, St. Thomas, West Virginia, etc. It's always hot. Such is life. There will be time to spend in stores, museums, etc.

I just came back from Richmond, and trust me, it was hot. I did my workout at 6:30a.m....Saturday I was on the Eastern Shore and did my workout at 9:00 p.m...it was only 86 degrees then!
    SD weather.jpgSF weather.jpg

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're feeling adventurous, skip the tourist-infested deep dish pizza places and go get a slice at Vito & Nick's on South Pulaski. Ain't the greatest part of town but it's a memorable little watering hole with great thin crust pizza. Edit to add: If you go, it's cash only.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; Monday, July 17th, 2017 at 12:44 AM.
    “What if soy milk is just introducing itself in Spanish?” ~ El Arroyo, Austin

3. Thanks phillygirl thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your first stop should probably be at a store where you can pick up some Kevlar.
    "American Carnage? American Carnage? Kid, American Carnage is what the Red Sox are going to do to the league this season. It's going to be a prolonged, savage beating. You remember the '27 Yankees? Murderer's Row? Those cucks would be crying like rats eating onions if they had to face my boys. Now get the Hell out of my office, I got hookers and blow being delivered in half an hour..." -- Hondo MacHondo, GM and Manager of the 2017 Boston Red Sox

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Your first stop should probably be at a store where you can pick up some Kevlar.
    Yeah...kind of why it's not really been on my list, but then I'm told that there are lots of places that are safe, so not to worry. I think my middle nephew thought the same thing, as his response to my invitation was "no thanks, I'm good!"
    Okay.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...kind of why it's not really been on my list, but then I'm told that there are lots of places that are safe, so not to worry. I think my middle nephew thought the same thing, as his response to my invitation was "no thanks, I'm good!"
    We went two summers ago with Mom and Satchel. We stayed across the street from Grant Park and spent most of our time there. I was never worried and it was a great city. I know that's a hyper tourist area but walking the length of the park and roaming the lake was a blast. I love the city. All cities.

"The fundamental driver of Western civilization is the agreement that objective reality exists, that people of goodwill can perceive it and that other people will change their views when presented with the facts of the matter."

~ From Churchill and Orwell: The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    We went two summers ago with Mom and Satchel. We stayed across the street from Grant Park and spent most of our time there. I was never worried and it was a great city. I know that's a hyper tourist area but walking the length of the park and roaming the lake was a blast. I love the city. All cities.
    I was there once about 15 years ago. I got food poisoning. So I have a negative view of it, but decided I should give it another chance. Honestly, though, I'll probably be there in November for work, so maybe not my best choice, but the niece is tough to please. And she's tough to get time with, so we had about 2 weekends this summer to do something. She likes all cities as well, so I figured what the heck.

She's pressing me on Italy and Ireland.
    Okay.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove through Chicago on Friday night. As I entered Indiana I said out loud, "If the Russians ever do bomb us I hope they hit Chicago first just so I can cheer and do a little dance before I am turned into radioactive dust." Fuck that rat's nest.
    "American Carnage? American Carnage? Kid, American Carnage is what the Red Sox are going to do to the league this season. It's going to be a prolonged, savage beating. You remember the '27 Yankees? Murderer's Row? Those cucks would be crying like rats eating onions if they had to face my boys. Now get the Hell out of my office, I got hookers and blow being delivered in half an hour..." -- Hondo MacHondo, GM and Manager of the 2017 Boston Red Sox

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there once about 15 years ago. I got food poisoning. So I have a negative view of it, but decided I should give it another chance. Honestly, though, I'll probably be there in November for work, so maybe not my best choice, but the niece is tough to please. And she's tough to get time with, so we had about 2 weekends this summer to do something. She likes all cities as well, so I figured what the heck.

She's pressing me on Italy and Ireland.
    Ireland Ireland or U.K. Ireland?

And if she love the City, I like her already.

"The fundamental driver of Western civilization is the agreement that objective reality exists, that people of goodwill can perceive it and that other people will change their views when presented with the facts of the matter."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I drove through Chicago on Friday night. As I entered Indiana I said out loud, "If the Russians ever do bomb us I hope they hit Chicago first just so I can cheer and do a little dance before I am turned into radioactive dust." Fuck that rat's nest.
    Well Mr Sunshine, I have a distant family connection to a statue in Grant Park that my mother found and it pleased her a great deal and gave her a thrill of surprise because she wasn't aware it was there.

So Chicago will always rock the mullet for me because it gave my mom joy for a long second and I saw that.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ireland Ireland or U.K. Ireland?

And if she love the City, I like her already.
    Ireland, Ireland. We're Catholic.
    Okay.