Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What You Are Eating....Now.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Honestly, I could just eat good mashed potatoes if butter and pepper were involved.

Like every day.
    Awwwww, come on, put some gravy on 'em!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:15 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Awwwww, come on, put some gravy on 'em!
    Really good mashed potatoes don't need gravy.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 1:50 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Really good mashed potatoes don't need gravy.
    See, it's my belief that mashed potatoes (potatoes in general, really… even Yukon Golds) are just conduits for butter and salt. Without those two things, they are basically packing peanuts. They take up space and taste like nothingness. It's no surprise, then, that people feel the need to put other things in them — sour cream, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, so forth and so on. When people say they love mashed potatoes, they are saying they love butter and salt, because that's what makes them edible.
    “When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.”

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    See, it's my belief that mashed potatoes (potatoes in general, really… even Yukon Golds) are just conduits for butter and salt. Without those two things, they are basically packing peanuts. They take up space and taste like nothingness. It's no surprise, then, that people feel the need to put other things in them — sour cream, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, so forth and so on. When people say they love mashed potatoes, they are saying they love butter and salt, because that's what makes them edible.
    Add gravy!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 1:50 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add gravy!
    Are you sure you're not a Texan?
    “When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.”

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:15 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    You, my friend, have never the had the pleasure of eating old school riced potatoes.

Fluffy, creamy, and delicious. Add some fresh parsley and a kiss of garlic and you have something going on. No need to dump gravy on them and please, no bacon. The potato is the star and needs no understudy.

Just boil your taters, rice them, delicately add some butter, a pinch of salt, and a dash of room temp cream. Fold it in as though you were doing heart surgery on a 5 year old.

Experience potato Nirvana.

7. Likes Tom Servo, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disagree. But over-salting and slathering butter on everything except what you slather with mayonnaise will ruin your ability to appreciate subtle flavor as surely as smoking will. I don't cook much, but I can appreciate properly-cooked mashed potatoes with the best of'em. Baked also. We often eat baked potatoes with nothing but lemon pepper.

It's like corn on the cob. When I was a kid, everybody slathered butter on it, then salted the hell out of it. Now, I don't put anything on mine...by choice. I actually get to taste the corn that way.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

9. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you're not a Texan?
    ********** grins********** Lived there long enough. Ain't not much better'n chicken fried steak and mashed taters. "Cep't a course chicken'n'dumplings.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    ********** grins********** Lived there long enough. Ain't not much better'n chicken fried steak and mashed taters. "Cep't a course chicken'n'dumplings.
    1. "beer milkshake;"
    2. wine-spiked watermelon;
    3. chicken fried steak.

Keep it up, people. I'm developing quite a list of these. They're filed under "how to ruin 2 perfectly good food items by combining them somehow."
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leftover Greek spice (whatever that means) marinated pork tenderloin from the InstaPot and some of those 'meh' "Everything" Bob Evans microwaveable mashed potatoes. First real meal I've had in several days after being really sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    This thread is killing me. I had surgery last Wednesday and my diet is still limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope you two are feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    When I had wisdom teeth removed this past December, I was in pain for a week because I wasn't irrigating right. I couldn't hardly eat anything. I finally threw out a box of Rice Crispies a while back because I knew it was at least six or seven months old. lol.
    You could've made Rice Crispy treats, Lanie.
    13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
    Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.
    Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.