Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Lesbian Teens Having Two To Seven Times As Many Babies....

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:22 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Are Lesbian Teens Having Two To Seven Times As Many Babies....

As Their Heterosexual Peers?

The surprising statistic suggests that for many, LGBTQ sexual orientation is not a fixed identity, but rather something that fluctuates.

One thing you would think lesbians wouldn’t have to deal with is pregnancy. Seems like a solid assumption, right? Not so much.
    Remarkably, research shows teen who identify as lesbian have significantly higher pregnancy rates than their heterosexual peers. I know what you’re thinking, but it’s true. It’s also true for teen gay males: they are substantially more likely to impregnate their sexual partners than are heterosexual males. The dramatic disparities are explained in these graphs from the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Numerous studies across many nations find that sexual-minority youth aged 14 to 19 have pregnancy rates two to seven times greater than their heterosexual peers. And their pregnancy rates continue to rise at a time when the overall teen pregnancy rate is declining in the United States.

Only one study to date, published earlier this year, has examined the pregnancy rates of adult sexual-minority women. It reveals the same thing: unintended pregnancies are higher among sexual-minority women than their heterosexual peers. Their proportions for ending pregnancies by abortion are double that of heterosexual women.
    How—And Why—Is This Happening?

After I presented this information to an acquaintance, he said, “That’s scientifically impossible!” But that’s only true if you assume that being gay or lesbian is a sexual absolute—the way someone is, unchangeably what they are. Unless biology has transformed overnight, it means women who identify as lesbians are having a whole lot of guy sex. And gay-identified youth are having a great deal of girl sex.

But being gay or lesbian is supposed to be absolute and unchangeable—like sex, race, or ethnicity. This pregnancy phenomenon confounds that narrative in a dramatic way, and it can’t be ignored. Could it be that being lesbian or gay is not quite as absolute or fixed as gender theorists want us to believe?
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/07/...osexual-peers/

But...but sexual preference is an absolute and unchangeable condition.

I call bullshit.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unsurprised.

I knew a number of GUGs even back then and openly gay guys would essentially stick it in anything if alcohol happened.

The women were essentially just avoiding sexual offers and at my school you got bonus points for being "gay" (very progressive school).

Most of those women went on to turn aggressively hetro later and get the standard husband, 1.9 kids, white picket fence life. Like Vegas - what happened in undergrad, stays in undergrad.

This before the constant reminder of your past life via Internet. Much easier to 'forget' back then.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is bullshit because bisexuals exist.
    I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 5:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post

The surprising statistic suggests that for many, LGBTQ sexual orientation is not a fixed identity, but rather something that fluctuates.

I call bullshit.

Mark
    LOLOLOL................. teens don't know who or what they are. Depends on the peer pressure of the day.

5. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This is bullshit because bisexuals exist.
    Then they would call themselves bi-sexual, wouldn't they?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then they would call themselves bi-sexual, wouldn't they?

Mark
    It's a long story. There's a pretty substantial subset of people across the sexuality spectrum who don't believe that bisexuality exists.
    I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's a long story. There's a pretty substantial subset of people across the sexuality spectrum who don't believe that bisexuality exists.
    I think the point of the article is that most "lesbians" are confused. And if their actions speak for them, I think the article is correct.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most teenagers are in the grip of hormones so unpredictable that if there were no social constraints, they'd boff a stump. And despite the greater acceptance as compared to when we were kids, a lot of gay and lesbian teens go through a stage where they try to convince themselves - at least part of the time - that they're not really gay. That stage often includes having sex with any member of the opposite sex who'll hold still long enough. Because they're ambivalent, they don't routinely use contraception. And that's leaving out the ones who want a baby but can't afford to go the sperm bank route.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 2:21 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Their Heterosexual Peers?

One thing you would think lesbians wouldn’t have to deal with is pregnancy. Seems like a solid assumption, right? Not so much.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/07/...osexual-peers/

I call bullshit.

Mark
    You don't have to be a waterman to dig up some clams.
    Reporters used to break stories. Now they're just fucking tattletales. - Adam Carolla

Last Online
    Today @ 2:21 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    "it means women who identify as lesbians are having a whole lot of guy sex. And gay-identified youth are having a great deal of girl sex."

It only takes once.
    Reporters used to break stories. Now they're just fucking tattletales. - Adam Carolla