Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire and Fury in Charlottesville

Last Online
    Today @ 1:45 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Fire and Fury in Charlottesville

FIRE AND FURY

Unite the Right torch rally ends in violence at the Rotunda

Echoing the May 13 rally at the foot of Charlottesville's Robert E. Lee statue, hundreds of torch-wielding white nationalists who are attending Saturday’s Unite the Right rally gathered at the University of Virginia and marched to the Rotunda, chanting, “You will not replace us.”

After the march, which began at UVa’s Nameless Field, reached the Rotunda, police later declared an unlawful assembly. Protesters and opponents alike reported being affected by pepper spray.

At the feet of a statue of Thomas Jefferson, fights began breaking out and some wielding tiki torches swung them at people. At least one person was arrested, and several people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.

The ralliers shouted many of the same chants at the May event, such as “blood and soil,” but this time, they declared that Charlottesville was their city now.

Saturday’s Unite the Right rally — a gathering of white nationalists, neo-Nazis, members of the “alt-right” and other far right political groups — will be met by about 1,000 first responders, including law enforcement, according to city police Chief Al Thomas. The Virginia National Guard will be on standby, Gov. Terry McAuliffe said.
    There is video at the link showing lots of guys carrying tiki torches chanting "You will not replace us." I guess they don't like electric lights or something.

“And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."
    -President Donald J. Trump

2. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    There is video at the link showing lots of guys carrying tiki torches chanting "You will not replace us." I guess they don't like electric lights or something.

This invites a lot of wisecracks about dim bulbs and so on. My guess is "You will not replace us" is what we'd get if these nitwits had hammered new lyrics into "We Shall Overcome" -- instead of "We shall not be moved..."

The pictures of these torch singers looks to be all young men spoiling for a confrontation.

And it looks like the far left is ready to oblige. Here's It's Going Down:

The fascists must not have the streets. We call on all anarchist, anti-fascist and anti-authoritarian groups in Appalachia and East South Central North America to converge at Justice Park on August 12th at 9 AM EST, and carry on the active resistance against white supremacy.
    We intend to win.
    (Bold in original.)

Knuckleheads.

Didn't Elton John have a song about this?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 5:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tiki torches...................... made in China.

5. Likes Tom Servo, Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:45 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    And it looks like the far left is ready to oblige. Here's It's Going Down:

(Bold in original.)

Knuckleheads.
    They're not good Germans.

“And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."
    -President Donald J. Trump

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    They're not good Germans.
    That's fine. But don't call them deplorable. That's a trigger word around here.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:22 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every one of these actions are happening because the left reached its goal of dividing America.

They are very good at what they do.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    That's fine. But don't call them deplorable. That's a trigger word around here.
    From the looks of it these punks and the antifa types were made for each other. I'm seeing a couple of posts on my Facebook page about going to Charlottesville (on the antifa side of the rumble).

Ah, an old fashioned "rumble." Maybe we could sell Jets and Sharks tee shirts.

For once I almost feel some sympathy for The Macker, legendary Global Crossings investor and emancipator of felons. Maybe some of those grateful felons will volunteer to be his Altamont security detail, and we can have a real three ring circus.

Almost. Considering the advance warning, if violence gets out of hand it will be on him.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    That didn't take long...

State of emergency in Charlottesville, Va. as fights erupt at white nationalist rally
    PBS, by Kamala Kelkar (No relation to CA Dem Sen. Harris, probably)
    A white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. appeared to have ended before it was scheduled to start after a local state of emergency was declared as fights erupted among hundreds of neo-Nazis, alt-right activists, pro-Confederacy groups and people who oppose them.
    “Unite the Right” was scheduled for noon by people protesting the city’s decision to remove an equestrian statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from Emancipation Park. But at least an hour earlier, people were shoving each other, throwing objects and wearing helmets and shields as police were starting to use pepper spray.
    At 11:06 a.m., Albermarle County declared a local state of emergency. Charlottesville soon tweeted, “Unlawful assembly declared for rally at Emancipation Park,” and the Virginia State Police added that arrests were being made.
    Soon after, Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency.
    In a Facebook post, Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer wrote, “I am beyond disgusted by this unsanctioned and despicable display of visual intimidation on a college campus.”
    Members of the Ku Klux Klan staged a similar protest one month ago that ended in the arrest of 23 people.
    Police in riot gear on Saturday afternoon were still sweeping the streets, telling everyone they had to clear.
    Pics and a video snippet at the site.

Another report:

8 injured, 1 arrested in Virginia white nationalist rally, state of emergency*declared
    Officials said one person was arrested and eight others were injured after the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va.*Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency “to aid state response to violence” in response to the rally, according to a post on*his Twitter account.
    The city of Charlottesville has declared Saturday’s gathering at Emancipation Park — site of the scheduled “Unite the Right” rally” of white nationalists and right-wing protesters — an unlawful assembly. Police officers were speaking on bullhorns, directing people to leave the park.
    City officials also declared a local emergency, which will allow officials to request additional resources, if needed, to respond.
    Emergency medical personnel have responded to eight injuries related to the event. CNN reported that at least two of the injuries from earlier in the day were serious, but not life threatening.
    Around 12:50 p.m., a vehicle plowed into a group of counter-protesters. There was no information on any injuries.
    Terry and Trump tweeting away.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the looks of it these punks and the antifa types were made for each other. I'm seeing a couple of posts on my Facebook page about going to Charlottesville (on the antifa side of the rumble).

Ah, an old fashioned "rumble." Maybe we could sell Jets and Sharks tee shirts.

For once I almost feel some sympathy for The Macker, legendary Global Crossings investor and emancipator of felons. Maybe some of those grateful felons will volunteer to be his Altamont security detail, and we can have a real three ring circus.

Almost. Considering the advance warning, if violence gets out of hand it will be on him.
    Please decode the bolded.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    PBS, by Kamala Kelkar (No relation to CA Dem Sen. Harris, probably)
    What a strange non sequitur. Do you find that people with the same first name are usually related?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).