Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Road Trip V2.0 2017 - 2018

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Mega Road Trip V2.0 2017 - 2018

We will head out in about one week on September 1st or a day or two before. I may occasionally drop in here with an update but will more than likely post most stories and pictures on the Gypsy Journal, the website we have created. Since Photobucket held the vast majority of images I have posted over the last decade hostage the website idea made more sense. So rather than putting the images and stories in two places I will likely put a link or reminder up here when there is new content about our travels.

Enjoy!!

Mega Roadtrip V2.0
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
    And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
    May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
    May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
    -Seth Peterson

2. Likes Tom Servo, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 16th, 2017 @ 1:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to it!

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Presently on Kerr Lake at Nutbush State Park in North Carolina. The trip has mostly gone as planned except for some minor mechinicals like injector #2 going out in the middle of no where in British Columbia.

The two week visit in PA with Joyce's family was nice and then we spent a week or so with my clan.

We also enjoyed a brunch meeting with Phillygirl.

I haven't bothered to check in here much. Hope you all are
    doing well.

IMG_5438.jpg
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
    And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
    May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
    May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
    -Seth Peterson

5. Likes RobJohnson, 80zephyr, scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunset on Kerr Lake.

IMG_5524.jpg
    -Seth Peterson

7. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the circus came to the campground

IMG_5526.jpg
    -Seth Peterson

9. Likes RobJohnson, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still a bit warm in the Carolinas for my taste. If I were doing this, I'd aim for a steady 72 - 74 degrees high daily as I moved south. But you both look fit and it sounds like you're having fun, so keep on carrying on, as we used to say.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Still a bit warm in the Carolinas for my taste. If I were doing this, I'd aim for a steady 72 - 74 degrees high daily as I moved south. But you both look fit and it sounds like you're having fun, so keep on carrying on, as we used to say.

Hope we get a chance to meet up again. It would be February if it happens. No promises though.

Nighttime temps have been great for sleeping.
    -Seth Peterson

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Hope we get a chance to meet up again. It would be February if it happens. No promises though.

Nighttime temps have been great for sleeping.
    Always welcome!
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Always welcome!
    Thought of you and brother while on the Eastern Shore at my brothers place at Rockhall.

IMG_5473.jpg
    -Seth Peterson

14. Likes RobJohnson liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Thought of you and brother while on the Eastern Shore at my brothers place at Rockhall.

IMG_5473.jpg
    Beautiful! Hmm, 73 degrees with 92% humidity at midnight; high near 80 all this week, even with rain. Nope, don't miss it. Better thee than me.