Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey*Weinstein

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Harvey*Weinstein

It is beyond belief that he and that Lisa Bloom chic use an excuse that he comes from a different time and he's an old dinosaur who's learning new ways. He didn't "come of age" in the 50's...or even the 60's...it was the 70's. He should've been schooled plenty during that time on what was acceptable and not acceptable when it came to working with women.

Besides a sexual abuser he's a weasel too.
    13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
    Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.
    Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just locker room stuff.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Just locker room stuff.
    Not surprising.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Not surprising.

What is surprising is a Trump supporter complaining about this Harvey creep.

5. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is surprising is a Trump supporter complaining about this Harvey creep.
    Yeah, yeah...you're only the rule maker in your own world of one. Deal with it, dude.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure all of the people so horribly offended by Trump who expressed their disgust by wearing pussy hats will all be out again in protest of Weinstein's decades of proven actual acts of sexual harassment.

Perhaps Ashley "Nasty Woman" Judd can lead a protest wearing shower caps. Seems appropriate.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

8. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was joking. It does not surprise me.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    This writer pretty much gives my own thoughts:

The Human Stain: Why the Harvey Weinstein Story Is Worse Than You Think
    It goes much deeper than one big creep.
    The New York Times last week broke the story of Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein’s long record of sexual harassment. Actresses including Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd came forward to detail Weinstein’s depredations, and so did former employees of the man who founded one of the most important independent film companies of the last 30 years, Miramax. The details were so jarring and the trail of abuse so long, that it was impossible to read the story and not come away wondering: How did no one know what he was doing?

But of course people knew about Harvey Weinstein. Like the New York Times, for instance. Sharon Waxman, a former reporter at the Times, writes in The Wrap how she had the story on Weinstein in 2004—and then he bullied the Times into dropping it. Matt Damon and Russell Crowe even called her directly to get her to back off the story. And Miramax was a major advertiser. Her editor at the Times, Jonathan Landman, asked her why it mattered. After all, he told Waxman, “he’s not a publicly elected official.”
    My revulsion compares to what I felt when Bill Cosby did the Hindenburg, but here it extends to the enabling community.

Yet the writer (Lee Smith) then includes more (bold added):
    Hollywood is full of connoisseurs like Weinstein, men whose erotic imaginations are fueled primarily by humiliation, who glut their sensibilities with the most exquisite refinements of shame. A journalist once told me about visiting another very famous Hollywood producer—you’d know the name—who exhibited for my friend his collection of photographs of famous female actresses—you’d know their names, too—performing sexual acts for his private viewing. As with Weinstein, this man’s chief thrill was humiliation, and the more famous the target the more roundly it was savored: Even her, a big star—these people will do anything to land a role; they’re so awful, they’ll even do it for me.

One of the refrains you hear today from media experts and journalists is that they’d known about Weinstein’s transgressions for a long time. The problem, they say, was that no one was able to nail down the story.

Nonsense. Everyone had it, not just Waxman. Sure, reporters hadn’t been able to get any stars to go on the record. But that means the story journalists were pursuing wasn’t really about Weinstein’s sexual depredations. It means that what they wanted was a story about actresses, junior executives, or assistants who had been humiliated, maybe raped, and chose to remain quiet in exchange for money and/or a shot at fame.
    Is Smith and the other, anonymous "journalist" doing the same thing? Not naming names, just tossing out salacious rumors with a wink ("you'd know the name")?

If "Hollywood is full" of such sexual predators, perhaps it's time to stop the winking. The DC swamp needs draining, certainly. And the pus from this moral rot needs to be drained, too.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:04 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just locker room stuff.
    How many women did Trump pay off again?

Last Online
    Today @ 5:04 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm sure all of the people so horribly offended by Trump who expressed their disgust by wearing pussy hats will all be out again in protest of Weinstein's decades of proven actual acts of sexual harassment.

Perhaps Ashley "Nasty Woman" Judd can lead a protest wearing shower caps. Seems appropriate.
    I'm sure Madonna will want to blow up MGM.

And where is "I'm With Her"? She's like a church mouse with regards to this. Probably doesn't want to open her mouth and then have to give his money back. "I've spent my entire life on women's issues". What a joke. Still so happy she wasn't elected. What a blessing.