Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Harvey*Weinstein

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although they gave it their best shot, I think even rabid Leftists are giving up on the Weinstein-Is-Trump-Except-Trump-Has-More-Hitler motif.

Weinstein dangled promises of fame and fortune in exchange for sexual encounters. He came through, too, for at least some compliant women. He also did this for decades and it was a well known fact among show biz types. He paid out millions to settle potential lawsuits with angry women and did so for many years. I'm sure his binding arbitration lawyer was on speed-dial.

Trump made a commonplace observation in a joking manner years ago in private. It's commonplace because every adult knows that some women will do just about anything to spend the night with a billionaire. There was no actual 'pussy-grabbing' in Trump's case although it seems there was in Weinstein's case.

So far, no one in Trump's past has claimed that he demanded sexual favors in return for employment or investment opportunities. This would be the low-hanging fruit for Trump's critics yet no one has come forward.

Bill Clinton's past is littered with women who came forward at great personal sacrifice yet the media has been largely silent. His wife (and former presidential candidate) is on the record blaming everyone but her husband for his conduct. Their peers still dumped money on both of them.

While anything can happen, there's just no evidence that Trump did anything inappropriate in his sexual life. His ex-wives seem to like him, his ex-girlfriends seem to like him, his encounters with real women at work or in pageants seem to be cordial. Now, maybe he is paying all of them millions to shut up but that seems unlikely. Emotion usually trumps (hah!) profit in at least some angry people and he's made a lot of people angry.

2. Likes Newman, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:22 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    There are no goalposts. They have been removed from the field by a tiki torch wielding mop in MAGA hats.

I keep telling you, sell it somewhere else dude, I ain't buying.

Of course it's politics. Weinstein is a disgraced, predatory creep trying to find a hole to crawl into not a celebrated Birther and pussy grabber being inaugurated for President of the United States. You are becoming incoherent.
    And yet you would have been fine with Hillary being elected president. Do you know how stupid you sound?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Do you know how stupid you sound?
    Yes. I know exactly how stupid I sound. One of the few here that does.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I know exactly how stupid I sound. One of the few here that does.
    Given that, why are you here?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Given that, why are you here?
    I like talking to Philly and Michele, Hondo and JB make me laugh, I enjoy seeing Norm eviscerate you guys, Adam is a hoot, and I need to be around your (and others') type at some level to remind myself of what willful ignorance and malicious antipathy toward your fellow man looks like and how it manifests itself politically.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like talking to Philly and Michele, Hondo and JB make me laugh, I enjoy seeing Norm eviscerate you guys, Adam is a hoot, and I need to be around your (and others') type at some level to remind myself of what willful ignorance and malicious antipathy toward your fellow man looks like and how it manifests itself politically.
    The mindset of a leftist. You presume we operate on malice. We don't. We simply don't agree with you.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    The mindset of a leftist.
    That's just it, I'm not a leftist. But you, like so many here, do not know how stupid you sound so you keep repeating that I am leftist.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's just it, I'm not a leftist. But you, like so many here, do not know how stupid you sound so you keep repeating that I am leftist.
    You can call yourself whatever you want. From your posts, you're a leftist.

A rose by any other name, and all that.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    See?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    "...willful ignorance and malicious antipathy..."

This is what I enjoy about Leftists - they are always eager to 'start a conversation' about whatever it is. It's a charming trait that fosters real unity.

Nah....

The great thing is that I know I'm labeled as a racist, homophobe, etc., but so far I have not been labeled as malicious.

I had not thought of being malicious but since it's come up, it sounds more contemporary than "forthright". I assume in lib-speak they are synonyms when applied to tax-payers exercising freedom of conscience. Or perhaps just some tax-payers. I'm fairly sure my genetic woman card is not in play.