Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Misconduct and Rape Thread.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't see how they can keep Clinton's rape and assaults out of it[....]
    And here I thought you got the distinction between sexual opportunism and rape. I must have misunderstood your earlier posts.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 3:19 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how they can keep Clinton's rape and assaults out of it and there is the death of Kopechne and the many consensual but hypocritical liaisons during the Camelot years with very young and powerless women. Then there is the entire gay scandal with Studds. Barney Frank certainly leaps to mind.

There are scandals among Republicans as well.

What would be refreshing is the nation uniting and saying effectively, "You're temp hired to do legislation. Not permanent hired to screw whatever moves.".

We could kind of acheive this by term-limiting all these people. I heard every argument against term limits and they fall flat. You're in, you do your thing, you go back to whatever. We will work it all out in your personal absence. If we didn't have entrenched, untouchable fiefdoms, much of this power would drain off.

And we should not believe that today simply electing women will solve any of this. Women are increasingly aping the worst of male behavior in the workplace - and at home. That pedestal was cracked and broken years ago.

Term-limiting them effectively at least reduces the number of years they can lie, cheat, steal, and rape.

I'm all for harm-reduction.
    There's a slippery slope here. If they discover that coddling abusers is not a good idea, they may tiptoe up to the idea that infidelity is a bad idea, abusive as it is to relationships, love and trust.

I think honoring a monogamous relationship is probably a leap way too far for the entertainment industry, but once you decide there are legitimate moral concerns that restrain the free exercise of power, it may open the door to God knows what.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:51 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Moore wins, it won't be because the voters care about coastal liberal tears and it won't be because they are dumb rednecks who can't figure out their own best interests and it won't be because they are racist gun-lovers or stupid Christians or indifferent agnostics with a taste for young cousins.

Incredibly, that pretty much exhausts the liberal elite armory.

Think about it: racism, regionalism, anti-religious bias, class hatred, fear and projection that involves stereotypes; pretty much the entire list of NPR fears.

I dunno if he'll win or not but this sudden distaste for old culture crimes will come back to bite the wolves.

And if he doesn't win, it might be partially because liberals and conservatives agree about rape.
    I don't consider myself a leftist, but many do, so I'll do my part. All violence is bad. Antifa, BLM riots, etc. They suck and they're keeping people from discussing the issues too.

Also, in the spirit of not being politically correct, I want to wish everybody an early Happy All Saints Day and an early Happy All Souls Day.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The worst case scenario in politics is when a candidate is smeared for something he actually did. I don't know if Moore did it. The timing is indeed suspicious. To make that work would require a level of secrecy and coordination that victims aren't famous for.

If Moore loses it will be because he's a piece of shit who deserves to lose and just like Hillary Clinton- his party failed to produce a valid candidate.
    Why is he a piece of shit, because he doesn't have the same moral values you do?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And if he doesn't win, it might be partially because liberals and conservatives agree about rape.
    Who did Moore rape? nobody?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Why is he a piece of shit, because he doesn't have the same moral values you do?

Mark
    There ya go, which is why the media is having a field dregging up anyone who say he touched them by shaking their hand.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I don't know if Moore will survive this scrum. The establishment GOP clearly doesn't want him in the DC club, and they're not shy about joining the clamor to avoid letting Alabamans have their say at the ballot box. The awkward truth is the AL voters just might blow this off and elect him anyway.
    So so true. Hopefully it comes back to bite them.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's elected he'll have a good case to stay. Congress, I saw somewhere, has never expelled anyone for something they did before they were elected, and these allegations in particular are very old, and in point of fact now known by his constituents.

The SCOTUS decided after Obama was elected that it didn't matter if he was a "natural born citizen" or not: the voters had effectively vitiated that argument by voting him into office. I should think the same would apply here.

So the Grand Old Pharts are pretty desperate to keep him from getting his foot in the door. And regardless of the particulars, old Roy has got a good stench about him just from the charges.

Got to give the Dems credit where credit is due.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    He describes the "victims" as "good girls". Odd choice of words to defend himself against charges of sexual assault.
    Okay.

10. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    He describes the "victims" as "good girls". Odd choice of words to defend himself against charges of sexual assault.
    Those aren't legal charges, I presume. Have I missed something?