Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Weirdest Scar (And How You Got It)

Last Online
    Friday, November 17th, 2017 @ 11:09 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Weirdest Scar (And How You Got It)

After a certain point, you have scars. Some are visible all the time, some are visible some of the time. Some are straight-forward - surgical scars. Some are are not.

What's your strangest scar?

I have a fairly big scar on my right hand which I got at age 11 or so. The scar now is fairly "artistic" and still elicits questions.

There's no mysterious origin. We had a lot of out buildings. During a huge thunderstorm, I wanted my cat to be inside. The cat in question was in an out building crying. I ran out in the rain and grabbed my cat.

What I did not see was that the window I grabbed him out of had a half pane of broken glass. I skinned some hand skin. I didn't notice at the moment. The cat was white. I pretty much noticed when the cat turned pink in the rain. Whatever.

At that point I was screaming, naturally. They got the bleeding under control but we couldn't pick up and see a Doc at that point due to conditions. I didn't want to by the time we could. Kind of a judgement call here. I wasn't bleeding and my Grandmother was an actual nurse. She thought stitches but I made such fuss that they didn't. No infection and no impairment despite it skinning me right over all the tendons.

Well, the gnarly healing of my wound made me quite the fierce girl among my male classmates for a few months. It got me some knocks from my female classmates but summer is a beautiful thing.

The next year I had a very artistic and not gross scar. Weirdly, the scar is shaped like a letter and I unconsciously began making that capital letter is the same shape.

Now, I'm surprised when new people ask about it since almost literally I never see it myself even though it's in front of me even as I type.

Now you tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weirdest scar is the snaky looking thing on my right calf after a power saw crawled up my pants leg.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

3. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Weirdest scar is the snaky looking thing on my right calf after a power saw crawled up my pants leg.

Mark
    Dude, the "how you got it" is critical to the thread. You aren't saying a power saw crawled out of the garage and simply attacked you when you were eating a hot dog.

We need details!
    Last edited by Gingersnap; Monday, November 13th, 2017 at 8:46 PM. Reason: forgot crucial word

5. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Dude, the "how you got it" is critical to the thread. You aren't saying a power crawled out of the garage and simply attacked you when you were eating a hot dog.

We need details!
    Actually, it did attack me. The saw was brand new, and I used it to cut a piece of plywood, then set it down next to me. As I grabbed the plywood the saw started itself and tangled its way up my pants leg, and up my calf to just below my knee. We discovered it had a bad switch and it did indeed start itself without anyone touching the saw.

This happened in the mid 1970's before lawsuits became the rage. Now, I would have sued.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it did attack me. The saw was brand new, and I used it to cut a piece of plywood, then set it down next to me. As I grabbed the plywood the saw started itself and tangled its way up my pants leg, and up my calf to just below my knee. We discovered it had a bad switch and it did indeed start itself without anyone touching the saw.

This happened in the mid 1970's before lawsuits became the rage. Now, I would have sued.

Mark
    Pix? Obviously, I have to ask.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Pix? Obviously, I have to ask.
    You know, I didn't take any pics after the accident, and I don't have any current ones, although the scar itself has blended color wise back to match pretty well.

The accident happened at mid morning on a Friday, and I was bar-tending Saturday morning...with a limp.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    My body is scarred a great deal, mostly my knees (my right knee has ten alone) but the weirdest is one on my right forefinger that is small.

I got it from a joke played on me by my high school physics teacher.

We were studying waves and we brought a long spring into the hallway. He asked me to hold one end while he held the other and we stretched it out. He did the experiment and we watched the wave bounce back and forth while measurements were made.

At the end, rather than walk the tense spring back toward each other, he said release on the count of three. He released on two. I got a nasty, bloody gouge in my finger and can the scar right now. I don't think he realized how bad it would injure me and was very attentive about first aid. But that is not all that weird. What makes it weird is he is now my father-in-law.

10. Likes Tom Servo, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I didn't take any pics after the accident, and I don't have any current ones, although the scar itself has blended color wise back to match pretty well.

The accident happened at mid morning on a Friday, and I was bar-tending Saturday morning...with a limp.

Mark
    My scar was very, very lurid for about three years. Then it blended in as much as a large, raised scar can, and now it's still raised but actually lighter than my winter skin.

Go figure.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which reminds me of the keloid!

Root cellar door fell on my back. It hurt but like a door hitting you - I didn't think much of it. Later, the bloody shirt. Let's leave out how I could walk around like that for an hour without anybody mentioning it - farm life.

I had a small one inch scrape from a nail. Healed up fine. A year later, huge keloid. It's flattened out and faded some but it's still there.

Did I mention the animal bites? No. Or the skull thing? Well, luckily Vogue isn't showing up for a shoot tomorrow.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:32 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right wrist. Gun shot wound. I lived.

14. Likes Tom Servo, 80zephyr liked this post