Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 3:10 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban

WASHINGTON --*The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to fully enforce a ban on travel to the United States by residents of six mostly Muslim countries.

The justices say in an order Monday that the policy can take full effect even as legal challenges against it make their way through the courts.

The ban applies to travelers from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen. Lower courts had said people from those nations with a claim of a "bona fide" relationship with someone in the United States could not be kept out of the country. Grandparents, cousins and other relatives were among those courts said could not be excluded.

CBS

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    good.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm lazy tonight. What was Chad when I was a kid?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    A shithole.
    Reporters used to break stories. Now they're just fucking tattletales. - Adam Carolla

5. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:19 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    A place drunk Laverne wanted to visit.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every judge that stopped him knew they were wrong. They should all be canned.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:43 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post

Mark
    Well, sometimes ya never know with the Supreme Court.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 16th, 2017 @ 4:09 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I seriously doubt that. They probably think they were actually interpreting the law correctly.

and if the SCOTUS had ruled the same as the lower courts, you'd be calling for them to be canned as well?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, and not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh, I seriously doubt that. They probably think they were actually interpreting the law correctly.

and if the SCOTUS had ruled the same as the lower courts, you'd be calling for them to be canned as well?
    Yep. Trump was/is following the law.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Trump was/is following the law.
    If the law were always as clear and simple as you think it is, there would be no need for courts or judges at all. Legislators - even our first legislators - are just not that brilliant. They write laws that are in conflict with each other. Even the rights and duties set forth in the Constitution are sometimes in conflict with each other.

If a person thinks the answer to a question of law is simple, it's probably the person himself who is simple.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).