Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Conyers III

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Conyers III

Conyers just announced he's leaving Congress, "formally nominating" his son, John Conyers III to replace him, and I heard on TV his wife is also considering running for the seat.

I'm not sure his legacy is as inviolable as he insists.

edit to add news link: Rep. John Conyers announces retirement, endorses son to run for seat CBS
    Last edited by Newman; Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 at 9:36 AM.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    “If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."
    "That Fox News panel––the breathtaking dishonesty of it is beyond my ability to articulate. That is no longer a news organization. That is what American state media looks like. That is what White House-controlled in-the-service-of-the-president misinformation looks like. That is indistinct from propaganda in authoritarian countries. It is aimed directly at weakening essential institutions and misinforming the American people. It is appalling.”

~ Steve Schmidt

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    “If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."
    I used to oppose that, but the disgraces of recent years are forcing me to reconsider.

4. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I used to oppose that ...
    A lot of that going around Republican circles lately. Take pedophiles, for example ....
    "That Fox News panel––the breathtaking dishonesty of it is beyond my ability to articulate. That is no longer a news organization. That is what American state media looks like. That is what White House-controlled in-the-service-of-the-president misinformation looks like. That is indistinct from propaganda in authoritarian countries. It is aimed directly at weakening essential institutions and misinforming the American people. It is appalling.”

~ Steve Schmidt

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    "His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health," Ian Conyers told the Times.
    Bullshit.

If he runs he's a shoo in without showing up.

He wouldn't have to do shit.
    I got nothing for this and you bastards need to respect that

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of that going around Republican circles lately. Take pedophiles, for example ....

Are those windows in your glass house getting all fogged up from the heavy breathing?

Just as an aside, term limits are irrelevant to crimes of that sort.

Last Online
    Today @ 3:17 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    What pedophiles? Use actual facts.

Hint: if you say "Roy Moore," you immediately forfeit.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

9. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Bullshit.

If he runs he's a shoo in without showing up.

He wouldn't have to do shit.
    Wasn't it Conyers who said nobody could read the ACA bill anyway, except lawyers or something? I admit I've been in stitches lately watching Democrats complain about not being able to take their time with the Republican tax bill. But for Conyers, I remembered that 2009 (?) moment thinking that not doing shit might not be much of a change for him.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 16th, 2017 @ 11:26 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    What pedophiles? Use actual facts.

Hint: if you say "Roy Moore," you immediately forfeit.
    Democratics by the 100's are getting accused, acknowledging it, admitting to it and apologizing for being creepy rapers for decades.

Democrat Fake News is running rampant and Billy continues to put his head in the sand with false equivalence. Shooting par.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Democratics by the 100's are getting accused, acknowledging it, admitting to it and apologizing for being creepy rapers for decades.

Democrat Fake News is running rampant and Billy continues to put his head in the sand with false equivalence. Shooting par.
    Pressure is building to "unmask" the secret settlements we recently learned about. I noticed this this morning:

U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold pledges to pay back $84,000 sexual harassment settlement
    U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold will repay $84,000 in taxpayer money spent to settle a sexual harassment claim against him from his former spokeswoman, he told KRIS-TV Monday.

Lauren Greene, the Corpus Christi Republican's former communications director, sued Farenthold in 2014 alleging gender discrimination, sexual harassment and a hostile work environment. Both parties agreed to drop the case in 2015, but the terms of the settlement were not clear at the time. On Friday, Politico reported that the little-known Office of Compliance had covered an $84,000 settlement to Greene in that case.

Farenthold told the Corpus Christi TV station that he will take out a personal loan to repay the settlement and plans to present a check to U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan later this week. Meanwhile, he said he hopes to "fix the system."

This guy's a Republican, of course, but so what? Everybody benefiting from that "little-known" operation should be exposed.

And frankly, investigations should be re-opened in many (most?) of the settlements. You've got a secret gravy train there, and I have no doubt there are some fraudsters getting some easy money there.