Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Conyers III

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I could not recognize the names of 90% of the guys I dated because I dated.

I didn't fall in love, have sex, make babies, shack up, or have a joint checking account. I went out, sometimes fooled around mildly (often not), and just moved on when it was obvious that we had nothing in common or for other reasons.

They were largely nice, unremarkable guys.

If you asked me if I knew "John Doe" today, I'd say, "No". Now, maybe old "John" still has some vivid recollections of copping a feel in the 11th grade when we were parked behind the Dairy Queen but I sure don't.

That doesn't make me a slut or some kind of sexual "user". It makes me a pretty ordinary woman who dated a lot before marriage.
    Well, at least you remembered where you parked. Lol.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

2. Likes Tom Servo, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    Not quite as sorry. Really miss FZ.
    Amen.

He was insanely prolific (I couldn't afford to keep up at all), and in the end uneven. But when I discovered this one it changed everything, on a par with Jimi Hendrix.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...7&action=click

Listen to the first track. Remember it was 1966!

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Interesting (to me) side discussion here. Am I correct that a Grandfather named John Adam Smith, Jr., may have a son named Jacob Marshall Smith. But if that son then has a son named John Adam Smith...that son (grandson) is in reality John Adam Smith, III?
    Yes. Or grandpa could be John Adam, skip a generation, son Jake names his son John Adam, who is then not Jr. but John Adam II.
    Last edited by Celeste Chalfonte; Thursday, December 7th, 2017 at 12:36 AM.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

5. Thanks phillygirl thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    I mean in any situation. Marriage can cause it. "I heard from Mary..." Which one, my brother Kurt's wife, or my brother Kevin's wife?

I have a few of these situations, and you are constantly trying to figure out which one the conversation is about.
    That mostly happens to Catholics.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

7. Likes phillygirl, scott, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I have a family member who just gave birth to twin boys. James is a coveted name in our family due to our grandfather. Several members have either that name, or his last name as either a first or middle name. The grandfather was Jim, the son Jimmy, and the grandson Jamie. There was actual discussion about naming one of the twins James and one Jamie because "technically they're two different names". Yeah. Bad idea. I prevailed on that one.
    I went to school with twins named Yvonne and Yvette. They had no idea that was comparable to Judith and Judy or John and Johnny.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    ...especially when trying to research ancestors that all have the same first name. Research for family members in recent and future times will be so much more easier and reliable with the names we've named our children.
    Many of my ancestors have odd names. It's how Nova keeps track of who begat whom, since it turns out much of what we thought we knew about them was apocryphal.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist
    How did you guess? I was a serious Herman's Hermits fan! i still have that album.

11. Likes gary m liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't fall in love, have sex, make babies, shack up, or have a joint checking account. I went out, sometimes fooled around mildly (often not), and just moved on when it was obvious that we had nothing in common or for other reasons.

If you asked me if I knew "John Doe" today, I'd say, "No". Now, maybe old "John" still has some vivid recollections of copping a feel in the 11th grade when we were parked behind the Dairy Queen but I sure don't.

That doesn't make me a slut or some kind of sexual "user". It makes me a pretty ordinary woman who dated a lot before marriage.
    Hell, I didn't like dating (still don't) and still managed to forget the names of most of the guys I went out with. There was the English bartender who wanted a green-card wife; the guy who took me to see Indiana Jones (snore) and to a slam-dance club (uh...no, never again); the maritime firefighter; and the engineer I was out on a date with the night I realized that where I really wanted to be was with a woman I had met at work and become friends with, but that's REALLY another story.

13. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember most of the people that I dated, but I remember a few.

One, somewhat relevant case stands out. When I was 20, I worked at a summer camp as a swimming counselor. There was a young woman who was often helping with swimming lessons. She was very mature both mentally and physically and very attractive. I ended up talking to her quite a bit, and kissed her. Once.
    Because I found out that she wasn't a counselor, she was a camper who just happened to be a good swimmer and a good teacher. She skipped her normal activities with the approval of the waterfront head to work with us. She was 16.
    It was an innocent thing, but I remember her and her name. Because it was unusual.
    If 30-year old Mr. Moore had accidentally hit on a 14-year old and known her long enough to write some sort of note before he found out she was underage, it's likely he would have remembered.

Unless it was an ordinary date for him.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

15. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I went to school with twins named Yvonne and Yvette. They had no idea that was comparable to Judith and Judy or John and Johnny.
    *smh*

I also disagree with naming one twin a junior. It seems to me the other is going to have an inferiority complex his whole life!

17. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post