Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Marine accused of plotting Christmas terror attack in San Francisco

Last Online
    Today @ 1:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Marine accused of plotting Christmas terror attack in San Francisco

Ex-Marine accused of plotting Christmas terror attack in San Francisco

A Northern California tow-truck driver was arrested this week and accused of planning an ISIS-inspired Christmas Day suicide attack on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

Everitt Aaron Jameson, 26, faces one count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.

Earlier this month, McKinney said an undercover FBI agent began communicating with Jameson and questioned how he might be able to help ISIS. Jameson allegedly responded, "I was a soldier in the Kuffar army before I reverted. I have been trained in combat and things of war. [God willing,] anything of that nature."

McKinney said Jameson attended Marine basic training "in or about" June 2009 and "graduated several months later." Jameson trained as a sharpshooter, but was later discharged for failing to disclose a history of asthma.
    Well, I guess we just can't let his kind run loose around the country.

And these children that you spit on
    As they try to change their worlds
    Are immune to your consultations
    They're quite aware of what they're going through
    -David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Muslim extremists with mental issues?

I agree.

Sucks that he had to lie to join the military.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Sucks that he had to lie to join the military.
    You're OK with Marines with asthma? As far as I know, that's all he lied about.
    Tho a lichen some ways, algae and fungi differ.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No. He never should have been allowed to join.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Asthma, especially if uncontrolled, gravely affects physical ability. It actually kills quite a few people in America even with decent treatment. Put a soldier in the field having an asthma attack and you not only risk their life but those around them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    Sheep Sickness

There is no half way. After his first exposure, a man is either a sheep hunter or he isnt. He either falls under the spell of sheep hunting and sheep country or he wont be caught dead on another sheep mountain.

Jack O'Connor The Bighorn, March 1960

6. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Left-sided anti-Semites? Start a registry, maybe.

Meanwhile, this is the best possible outcome for surveillance and prevention.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is interesting, but I'm not sure what the meaning is.

Fox News headline: "Ex-Marine accused of plotting San Francisco terror attack."

SFgate.com headline: "Man accused of plotting terror attack on SFs Pier 39."

Other news sources described him as a "Modesto man accused of...," and "Man with ties to Modesto and Merced accused...."

All of the articles mentioned him being kicked out of the Marines for lying about his medical condition, which is relevant to the story because he apparently wrote about having been a member of the infidel's "army" before "reverting" to Islam. Since his father professes to be shocked and says, "He wasn't raised that way," I think it's safe to say the guy was a lifelong fuck-up who glommed onto ISIS to justify his inability to do anything right. Including, fortunately, a mass murder.

Re: identifying him prominently as "an ex-Marine," that's incorrect, legally speaking. A contract based on a fraud is void or voidable, depending on circumstances. The effect, in this case, is the same, as the Marine Corps availed itself of the option and voided his contract: he was never a Marine. It's like annulling a legally invalid marriage. The legal effect is that it never existed.

So the question remains: why did Fox News identify him first and foremost as an "ex-Marine?" And why did the so-called "liberal media" not do so, thereby being more accurate overall?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

9. Likes Tom Servo, Newman, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    This is interesting, but I'm not sure what the meaning is.

Fox News headline: "Ex-Marine accused of plotting San Francisco terror attack."

SFgate.com headline: "Man accused of plotting terror attack on SFs Pier 39."

Other news sources described him as a "Modesto man accused of...," and "Man with ties to Modesto and Merced accused...."

All of the articles mentioned him being kicked out of the Marines for lying about his medical condition, which is relevant to the story because he apparently wrote about having been a member of the infidel's "army" before "reverting" to Islam. Since his father professes to be shocked and says, "He wasn't raised that way," I think it's safe to say the guy was a lifelong fuck-up who glommed onto ISIS to justify his inability to do anything right. Including, fortunately, a mass murder.

Re: identifying him prominently as "an ex-Marine," that's incorrect, legally speaking. A contract based on a fraud is void or voidable, depending on circumstances. The effect, in this case, is the same, as the Marine Corps availed itself of the option and voided his contract: he was never a Marine. It's like annulling a legally invalid marriage. The legal effect is that it never existed.

So the question remains: why did Fox News identify him first and foremost as an "ex-Marine?" And why did the so-called "liberal media" not do so, thereby being more accurate overall?
    Interesting points. I respectfully disagree that "he was never a Marine." If he graduated Boot Camp, he's a Marine - period. Once a Marine always a Marine.

It is very unexpected that the rightward biased source plays up the "scary veteran" angle and the leftward biased news sources don't.

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    No. He never should have been allowed to join.
    How would the military have known any better? It sounds like he said he changed while in the military. You know he kept that to himself.

I do think it's very important though to make sure everybody who joins is a good fit physically, mentally, and ideologically.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    All arguments aside, I am glad that the FBI was able to catch this person before doing such a thing. I do hope and pray that any other Christmas plots will be stopped.

13. Likes Newman liked this post