Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Miss if You Dropped TV?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

What Would You Miss if You Dropped TV?

I use reruns of 'Criminal Minds' as background when I knit in the winter (knit outside in the summer and need no background noise then).

We have no expensive channels and therefore never enjoy or miss much talked about shows. We never use TV for sports or news.

I would miss binging in the background on those crime-type shows (CM, NCIS, Law and Order, etc.).

Would you miss anything?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I use reruns of 'Criminal Minds' as background when I knit in the winter (knit outside in the summer and need no background noise then).

We have no expensive channels and therefore never enjoy or miss much talked about shows. We never use TV for sports or news.

I would miss binging in the background on those crime-type shows (CM, NCIS, Law and Order, etc.).

Would you miss anything?
    Game of Thrones, South Park, Rick and Morty, old reruns of The West Wing, and the local news.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Game of Thrones, South Park, Rick and Morty, old reruns of The West Wing, and the local news.
    We see 'Game of Thrones' a year late on cd. Not that it matters now since the show is essentially making it up thanks to the author's stupidity.

I don't watch South Park anymore. We never see local news unless some intense weather is happening which is maybe once every 18 months (it's snowing, yeah, we can see that).

X was raped and murdered in Denver, Fluffy needs a home, the nameless and forgettable girl's (name the sport) team did something, rich people had a dinner and did charity, Denver schools are doing something about turning out illiterates, rural people are bad for some reason but Denver is working on that one.

Who needs it?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    M*A*S*H, Cagney & Lacey, Reasonable Doubts...oops. Never mind.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Would you miss anything?
    I have Hulu ($12/mo) and Amazon Prime. I binged Law and Order SVU, Sopranos, Downton, Upstairs Downstairs, ....
    “I took you out to dinner to warn you of charm. I warned you expressly and in great details of the Flyte family. Charm is the great English blight. It does not exist outside these damp islands. It spots and kills anything it touches. It kills love; it kills art; I greatly fear, Charles, it has killed you.

6. Likes RobJohnson liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm assuming you mean cable and off the air only?

Local news (local news websites are either far-right, behind paywalls or financially cut to the bone and useless); South Park; Better Call Saul; Good Eats; Brooklyn Nine-Nine; Jeopardy!; Parts Unknown; BBC World News (background noise, the only live programming I watch); American Dad!; Doctor Who; Archer; Bob's Burgers; The First 48; Barefoot Contessa; Adam Ruins Everything; Blackish…

If you're talking ALL TV (including streaming) then you'd have to add BoJack Horseman; The Grand Tour; "F" Is For Family; Arrested Development; Orange Is The New Black; Stranger Things; Santa Clarita Diet… No to mention all the anime crap that has consumed my free time lately.

I might have an addition to TV.
    Ever stop to think, then forget to start again?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm assuming you mean cable and off the air only?

Local news (local news websites are either far-right, behind paywalls or financially cut to the bone and useless); South Park; Better Call Saul; Good Eats; Brooklyn Nine-Nine; Jeopardy!; Parts Unknown; BBC World News (background noise, the only live programming I watch); American Dad!; Doctor Who; Archer; Bob's Burgers; The First 48; Barefoot Contessa; Adam Ruins Everything; Blackish…

If you're talking ALL TV (including streaming) then you'd have to add BoJack Horseman; The Grand Tour; "F" Is For Family; Arrested Development; Orange Is The New Black; Stranger Things; Santa Clarita Diet… No to mention all the anime crap that has consumed my free time lately.

I might have an addition to TV.
    Jeezus, man, take up knitting!
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

9. Likes Gingersnap, Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing. Haven't watched TV for years now.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Jeezus, man, take up knitting!
    Holy cow! No kidding!

I feel kinda bad about just using 'Criminal Minds" as a mindless backdrop when knitting - I always think I should be listening to a much more productive podcast.

I have apparently freaked out people when they come over for coffee and there is no TV/radio/music on. It's silent.

I just put on some background music to sooth them.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    We watch tv but I'm pretty sure we could do without it minus a few favorite shows but we do like to watch videos so I would miss that. And, Joe Kenda.
    “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.”
    - Corrie ten Boom