Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: A Kansas State Rep Shares His Thoughts On Marijuana

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    8,527
    Post Thanks / Like

    A Kansas State Rep Shares His Thoughts On Marijuana

    GOP lawmaker in Kansas says black people "responded the worst" to marijuana because of "genetics" and "character makeup"

    Kansas State Rep. Steve Alford (R) is apparently a real human being living in the year 2018. Listen to him tell an all-white group of people at a "Legislative Coffee" why he thinks marijuana should not be legalized in his state:

    “Basically any way you say it, marijuana is an entry drug into the higher drugs. What you really need to do is go back in the '30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas and across the United States. What was the reason why they did that? One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African-Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that. And so basically what we’re trying to do is we’re trying to do a complete reverse, with people not remembering what has happened in the past.”
    Video at the link.

    “The thing to fear from the Trump presidency is not the bold overthrow of the Constitution, but the stealthy paralysis of governance; not the open defiance of law, but an accumulating subversion of norms; not the deployment of state power to intimidate dissidents, but the incitement of private violence to radicalize supporters."
    -David Frum

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:28 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    11,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Therefore, everyone who doesn't hate Trump with every fiber of their being is a racist.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

  3. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    8,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Therefore, everyone who doesn't hate Trump with every fiber of their being is a racist.
    You really are obsessed with the Great Pumpkin, aren't you, Linus?

    “The thing to fear from the Trump presidency is not the bold overthrow of the Constitution, but the stealthy paralysis of governance; not the open defiance of law, but an accumulating subversion of norms; not the deployment of state power to intimidate dissidents, but the incitement of private violence to radicalize supporters."
    -David Frum

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Therefore, everyone who doesn't hate Trump with every fiber of their being is a racist.
    Wow. You see a brainless, bigoted douche spouting ignorant crap about black people and your first thought is Trump?
    "That Fox News panel––the breathtaking dishonesty of it is beyond my ability to articulate. That is no longer a news organization. That is what American state media looks like. That is what White House-controlled in-the-service-of-the-president misinformation looks like. That is indistinct from propaganda in authoritarian countries. It is aimed directly at weakening essential institutions and misinforming the American people. It is appalling.”

    ~ Steve Schmidt

  6. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:28 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    11,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    You really are obsessed with the Great Pumpkin, aren't you, Linus?
    Check your mirror. You're the one who posted this with the very obvious implied claim that all non-Leftists are racists.

    Don't bother trying to deny it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Wow. You see a brainless, bigoted douche spouting ignorant crap about black people and your first thought is Trump?
    Well, Trump is the one who occupies all of your and Norm's thoughts, so yeah, when I saw a brainless, bigoted douche post this crap, I already knew what the implication was.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

  8. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know none of that makes sense, right?
    "That Fox News panel––the breathtaking dishonesty of it is beyond my ability to articulate. That is no longer a news organization. That is what American state media looks like. That is what White House-controlled in-the-service-of-the-president misinformation looks like. That is indistinct from propaganda in authoritarian countries. It is aimed directly at weakening essential institutions and misinforming the American people. It is appalling.”

    ~ Steve Schmidt

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:28 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    11,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    You know none of that makes sense, right?
    It makes perfect sense. You just don't like it because facts are inconvenient for you.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It makes perfect sense. You just don't like it because facts are inconvenient for you.
    What facts?
    "That Fox News panel––the breathtaking dishonesty of it is beyond my ability to articulate. That is no longer a news organization. That is what American state media looks like. That is what White House-controlled in-the-service-of-the-president misinformation looks like. That is indistinct from propaganda in authoritarian countries. It is aimed directly at weakening essential institutions and misinforming the American people. It is appalling.”

    ~ Steve Schmidt

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:28 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    11,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    What facts?
    The facts that you and Norm harbor an utterly consuming and completely irrational visceral hatred for Trump and that your only remaining argument is to shout "racist" at people since "pedophile" has dried up and blown away as an argument.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:37 PM
    Posts
    8,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Check your mirror. You're the one who posted this with the very obvious implied claim that all non-Leftists are racists.

    Don't bother trying to deny it.
    Don't even pretend to bother to try to pretend that whatever I imagine isn't exactly undeniably unequivocally inescapably precisely what you were indubitably saying without saying. It's searingly obvious and blindingly apparent.

    “The thing to fear from the Trump presidency is not the bold overthrow of the Constitution, but the stealthy paralysis of governance; not the open defiance of law, but an accumulating subversion of norms; not the deployment of state power to intimidate dissidents, but the incitement of private violence to radicalize supporters."
    -David Frum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •