Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A Kansas State Rep Shares His Thoughts On Marijuana

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    No, I've concluded balance isn't possible here, except for my own individual perspective. I'm interested in the topic (slightly - as I said, that some congressbutt from Kansas would be an ignorant racist asshole is hardly news), but not the constant sniping. I'd like to read one thread where you guys at least called each other names over the topic of the thread instead of attributing every word of the other person to his or her attitude toward Trump.

I'm surprised someone hasn't attributed Gingersnap's love of the Instant Pot to her assumed support of Trump.

The story isn't really news, but it's part of a pattern of conservative politicians expressing openly abhorrent views, which helps highlight the fact that the right is stocked with racist loonies (as opposed to the everyday loonies on the left, I suppose.)

It's a good thing that these people are so openly stupid that we can all point and laugh, and be informed of their true beliefs. But it's also incredibly disheartening when political partisans go out of their way to deflect, defend or otherwise excuse such statements. Even people who don't believe racist bigoted statements will do it out of some sort of weird party loyalty. Worse is that these people get elected and re-elected, which has the implication that people are not just OK with these off the wall statements, but that they agree with them to some degree.
    Ever stop to think, then forget to start again?

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

The story isn't really news, but it's part of a pattern of conservative politicians expressing openly abhorrent views, which helps highlight the fact that the right is stocked with racist loonies (as opposed to the everyday loonies on the left, I suppose.)

It's a good thing that these people are so openly stupid that we can all point and laugh, and be informed of their true beliefs. But it's also incredibly disheartening when political partisans go out of their way to deflect, defend or otherwise excuse such statements. Even people who don't believe racist bigoted statements will do it out of some sort of weird party loyalty. Worse is that these people get elected and re-elected, which has the implication that people are not just OK with these off the wall statements, but that they agree with them to some degree.

Hmm. So, if you voted for Bill Clinton, it means you are pro rape?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    [/B]

Hmm. So, if you voted for Bill Clinton, it means you are pro rape?
    And they're ... OFF! Bill Clinton was last elected to national office (or any office, AFAIK) in 1996. What does that have to do with, "Worse is that these people get elected and re-elected, which has the implication that people are not just OK with these off the wall statements, but that they agree with them to some degree."???
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    And they're ... OFF! Bill Clinton was last elected to national office (or any office, AFAIK) in 1996. What does that have to do with, "Worse is that these people get elected and re-elected, which has the implication that people are not just OK with these off the wall statements, but that they agree with them to some degree."???
    Because, logically, it doesn't have to be true. As my statement proves.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has to do with Tom saying that if people elect and then re-elect a politician, then you must have the same beliefs and values. Voting for Bill Clinton would be an example.
    “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.”
    - Corrie ten Boom

6. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please.
    - Corrie ten Boom

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    It has to do with Tom saying that if people elect and then re-elect a politician, then you must have the same beliefs and values. Voting for Bill Clinton would be an example.
    I would argue that, yes, voting for Bill Clinton despite the massive number of rumors about his sexual history, was on part excusing that behavior and was wrong.

I did not vote for Bill Clinton.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would argue that, yes, voting for Bill Clinton despite the massive number of rumors about his sexual history, was on part excusing that behavior and was wrong.

True, only if you had unlimited choices. For president, you usually have only two real choices. Voting for who you think is the best candidate does not mean you are excusing his bad behavior.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Because you were too young?

You never said anything about excusing the behavior. You said, agreeing with it to some degree.
    - Corrie ten Boom

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Because you were too young?

You never said anything about excusing the behavior. You said, agreeing with it to some degree.
    I voted in the 1996 election.

As for excusing/agreeing. Either way there's a mental justification for overlooking an issue. And some issues just shouldn't be rationalized away so easily.