Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: “I Have Wondered if Black People Even Have Souls”

Last Online
    Sunday, April 29th, 2018 @ 2:11 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    RobJohnson;129212]

Sure they do. They are doing much the same already in other area's. Kneeling for the anthem is one example.

From my reading, most divorces are not because of hate. When something becomes easy, people take the easy way out.

Mark
    I might not agree with kneeling for the anthem, but I also don't agree with telling someone they can not unless they are bound by rules of employment, etc

2. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 29th, 2018 @ 2:11 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where in early America was there a separation of church and state? Mark

I think it started with the Pilgrims

4. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    I guess I'll just have to take the thoughts and writings of John Locke, Thomas Paine, Thomas Aquinas, Thomas Hobbes, et al over your definitive proclamation that natural law and therefore, natural rights, do not exist.

However Chairman Mao, Castro, Lenin, Stalin, and every other despot, dictator and tyrant do agree with you, so you do have that going in your favor.

Have a nice day.
    My thoughts? Nope. Simply reality. I honestly and truly do wish, with all my heart, that you were correct. Sadly, you're not.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Yeah, if Jefferson wanted only to keep government from enforcing a state religion, why do you suppose he didn't call for a wall of separation between state and church? Things that make you go "hmmmmm."
    If Jefferson lived what you believe his words said, you may have a point. Maybe you can find evidence of that, along with the armories the militia stored their muskets in? You know, since the left keeps telling us bearing arms in not an individual right.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I might not agree with kneeling for the anthem, but I also don't agree with telling someone they can not unless they are bound by rules of employment, etc
    And I agree. What we have gotten away from is shaming bad behavior. For years the right let the left get away with all kinds of reprehensible ideas, because we "went along to get along". Finally, when the left went to too crazy we started to object.

For this, we were called extremists. Maybe if we would have held them to the same standard, we would at least understand that men cannot be women and that there are only two genders.

Mark

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I think it started with the Pilgrims
    Really? Any evidence to back that up? History books are loaded with the blending of church and state.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jefferson lived what you believe his words said, you may have a point. Maybe you can find evidence of that, along with the armories the militia stored their muskets in? You know, since the left keeps telling us bearing arms in not an individual right.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Translation: I can't. No one can.

Mark

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 3:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Honestly, Mark, there's really no good cause for use of the n word on this forum. Nor the c word. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. You seem to be very much an "old school" kind of guy. Old school manners would indicate that you not use vulgar language in mixed company. Much as you have the right to use any words you choose, everyone else, including Celeste, has the right to use any words they choose to show their disapproval. Michele is right. Many times here people use rude, vulgar and hateful language towards others in this forum. Just because we don't always call it out doesn't mean we like it, approve of it, or think well of those that choose to use it. I've been mocked in the past by some on this forum when I have called it out. That's fine. They have that right. I don't appreciate vulgar language and while I might agree with you that the n word can be used against many different people, its origins are ugly and most of the people that feel called to use it, in my opinion, get a bit gleeful about using a word with such a wretched history. While you also like to opine that Celeste sexual orientation is not something you care about or "judge" her on, I think it's clear that you do. Whenever there is a severe difference of opinion on issues completely unrelated to that you feel the need to bring that aspect of her life into the conversation.

Celeste is more than capable of defending herself and calling out ignorance on her own, so I usually let you and she have at it. But it does get tiresome to watch it happen.
    I'd like to add that there are some terms and phrases that are so emotionally charged that use of them shows ignorance, disrespect and/or defiance. Idiot is still universal, "urban idiot" or "urban idiot wannabe" are just as descriptive but not so toxic and are certainly not racially specific.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    I'd like to add that there are some terms and phrases that are so emotionally charged that use of them shows ignorance, disrespect and/or defiance. Idiot is still universal, "urban idiot" or "urban idiot wannabe" are just as descriptive but not so toxic and are certainly not racially specific.
    I agree. Its why I would use such a word when it was needed.

Mark