Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fragile Generation

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    I think "Generation Snowflake" is a myth perpetuated by those who revel in ugliness and malicious ridicule. It is (to use your phrase) virtue signaling done by the unjustifiably self righteous as shown by either their lack of children or the fact that their children are certainly not snowflakes.

It is bullshit. Just like the bullshit spread about Millennials; the guys that make up the largest generation demographic in the American armed forces and consequently do most of the fighting and dying for this country.
    So, you didn't read the essay and have no arguments for or against it on its merits.

*sigh*

Isn't this the part where you post some 90s meme to display your intellectual superiority?

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You think that depriving kids of managing their own face-to-face social interactions, taking age-appropriate risks, and learning from failing is.......what?

We have no idea since you seldom articulate any position. If you disagree with the essay, state your case.
    That would be Billy.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    So, you didn't read the essay and have no arguments for or against it on its merits.

*sigh*

Isn't this the part where you post some 90s meme to display your intellectual superiority?
    My guess is that there is a frantic search for a relevant Tom Tomorrow going on at this very moment.

4. Likes JB, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    My guess is that there is a frantic search for a relevant Tom Tomorrow going on at this very moment.
    We have a winner!!

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think "Generation Snowflake" is a myth
    Someone doesn't pay attention. Not even on this very website.

Every other day is another story about the latest snowflake or SJW outrage.
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Someone doesn't pay attention. Not even on this very website.

Every other day is another story about the latest snowflake or SJW outrage.
    Yeah. You guys love to eat that shit.

My question is what's the point? I don't mean that as something apathetic, like what difference does it make? I mean what is its purpose. I think it might just be part of the larger attempt to discredit academia. Or if you want something less sinister, the generic anti-intellectualism found in tribal conservatism.

Maybe it is just the time honored tradition of intergenerational carping. You know. "These kids today!!!"
    Bluto: Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Otter: [whispering] Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. You guys love to eat that shit.

My question is what's the point? I don't mean that as something apathetic, like what difference does it make? I mean what is its purpose. I think it might just be part of the larger attempt to discredit academia. Or if you want something less sinister, the generic anti-intellectualism found in tribal conservatism.

Maybe it is just the time honored tradition of intergenerational carping. You know. "These kids today!!!"
    Lol. There is no anti intellectualism with conservatives. There is anti liberal propaganda. Learn the difference.

Mark

Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it might just be part of the larger attempt to discredit academia.
    Academia does not need help doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ
    Or if you want something less sinister, the generic anti-intellectualism found in tribal conservatism.
    Come on man. And I'm supposed to take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok
    Maybe. And maybe due to the explosion of social media you just hear more about snowflakes and SJWs then you did before.

I mean why is it that Conservatives are currently the group that is fighting for free speech on campuses such as Berkeley, ironically.

When did college professors demand student reporters be muscled out of public events on campus. You want an open and free press? Thank a Conservative.
    You can't unburn bridges.

10. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, essentially Bok can't articulate any argument against or for any childhood education or parenting style.

Basically, he not only didn't do the homework, he can't show his work. This is baffling since I know he actually has a child.

But his reproductive history is irrelevant. This essay isn't about that.

It's about much broader concerns. Concerns that aren't relevant to some.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like the bullshit spread about Millennials; the guys that make up the largest generation demographic in the American armed forces and consequently do most of the fighting and dying for this country.
    Pretty much true throughout the history of the world.........................