What is it with you people and vinegar?
    You people?

And chili doesn't have beans.
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    For some reason you don't strike me as a kale person. I don't usually care for it, but there was a big bag of fresh kale at my local farmer, so I bought it and added it to my lentil soup instead of spinach. It was actually quite good. I don't like it much raw, but cooked down in the soup it was nice.
    OK, now forget all the furrin food and do it Shore style: a big pot of water, a bag of fresh kale, and a hambone or a chunk of fatback. Cook it until it's limp, then sprinkle with apple cider vinegar and pepper. Mmmmmm-MMM!
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    OK, now forget all the furrin food and do it Shore style: a big pot of water, a bag of fresh kale, and a hambone or a chunk of fatback. Cook it until it's limp, then sprinkle with apple cider vinegar and pepper. Mmmmmm-MMM!
    Yeah, I might like that. What I liked about it in the lentil soup was that it retained some of its form, unlike the spinach, which kind of disappears in it.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I might like that. What I liked about it in the lentil soup was that it retained some of its form, unlike the spinach, which kind of disappears in it.
    That's how it is in that Zuppa Toscana cream based soup...potatoes, Italian sausage and then chopped kale added at the end. Yum!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

5. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    That's how it is in that Zuppa Toscana cream based soup...potatoes, Italian sausage and then chopped kale added at the end. Yum!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    I've been meaning to ask you how did your wedding soup turn out?
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been meaning to ask you how did your wedding soup turn out?
    I have the broth in the freezer because I ran out of time to make it. But I will get to it soon. Unless you want to come make it for me.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I have the broth in the freezer because I ran out of time to make it. But I will get to it soon. Unless you want to come make it for me.
    Would love to! Can you get an extra week in the month for me???
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to! Can you get an extra week in the month for me???
    I would love that!!!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    First red chili batch for Fall 2018 tonight.

It's turning out pretty interesting (in a good way).

This morning I seared and then pressure cooked what I consider to be fairly indifferent "thin" steaks. I would never buy these myself. This is Mr. Snaps.

I added diced onion, garlic, bird's eye chilies, and about a cup of fake demi-glace. I saved the cooking liquid after running it through a sieve.

I cut/forked the beef apart, added new diced onion, diced garlic, diced home-grown tomatoes (we have a ton this year), home-grown roasted green chile peppers (yes, I spelled that right), cumin, Hungarian sweet paprika, ground pepper, Fernandez powdered chile mix (yes, they spelled it right), the cooking liquid, salt, and cooked pinto beans.

It's coming along nicely.

Will be served with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sourdough bread.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    First red chili batch for Fall 2018 tonight.

It's turning out pretty interesting (in a good way).

This morning I seared and then pressure cooked what I consider to be fairly indifferent "thin" steaks. I would never buy these myself. This is Mr. Snaps.

I added diced onion, garlic, bird's eye chilies, and about a cup of fake demi-glace. I saved the cooking liquid after running it through a sieve.

I cut/forked the beef apart, added new diced onion, diced garlic, diced home-grown tomatoes (we have a ton this year), home-grown roasted green chile peppers (yes, I spelled that right), cumin, Hungarian sweet paprika, ground pepper, Fernandez powdered chile mix (yes, they spelled it right), the cooking liquid, salt, and cooked pinto beans.

It's coming along nicely.

Will be served with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sourdough bread.
    How about some Voodoo Chile?
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.